Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton out

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If the last two games go belly up and we end up losing six of the last seven then the board can hardly be surprised if the supporters are restless.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Hyypia didn't ruin our season, he had a mish mash of players who never played together before. Hughtons last ten games points average have been worse than Hyypia's first 10.

Hyypia 13 points from first 10 games
Hughton 9 points from last 10 games

It's not the first 10 games that got us into the position though, frankly I can't be arsed to find out coz I'd rather forget about it... but he went on a bloody 16 game run with 1 win... that ruined our season...

And regarding the players, I can easily understand Hyypia probably had no say in them, apart from Tex using his Liverpool connections, but he didn't play them in their strongest positions, tactically he wasn't there too. Hughton has inherited a very poor team, with loan players who couldn't give a care in the world if BHA go down. Hughton > Hyypia.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If the last two games go belly up and we end up losing six of the last seven then the board can hardly be surprised if the supporters are restless.

The last 2 games are irrelevant when it comes to the degree of restlessness. Nobody will argue that this season hasn't been an unmitigated disaster with hardly a single highlight

Behind the scenes will be interesting right now. Doubt TB will have the appetite to fund a complete dismantling of the squad (which you could argue is needed) and he has to be questioning if CH is the right man. So does he then fund CH's wish list or change horses? Fans restlessness won't influence his decision but if next season starts the way this one has gone then I think it will

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I would get Nathan Jones in. He's been gone too long.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's not the first 10 games that got us into the position though, frankly I can't be arsed to find out coz I'd rather forget about it... but he went on a bloody 16 game run with 1 win... that ruined our season...

And regarding the players, I can easily understand Hyypia probably had no say in them, apart from Tex using his Liverpool connections, but he didn't play them in their strongest positions, tactically he wasn't there too. Hughton has inherited a very poor team, with loan players who couldn't give a care in the world if BHA go down. Hughton > Hyypia.

So Hyypia inherited a great team without loan players and Hughton a poor one with loans ??? How come Hughton is allowed that excuse and Hyypia isn't?

Over 10 hours without scoring and 1 point out of 15 is poor in my book. Bloom wanted Hyypia to stay so he had faith in what he was doing, and Barber thought the same.

There is no way that Hughton has done a better job and it's only the 4 points that Jones got and the lucky win against Derby that has kept us out of the bottom 3.

Hughton has proved that any manager coming in this season would have struggled, but it's Hyypia who was made the scapegoat. There is no way that anyone can say Hughton has improved us especially the way he has used Best to absolutely no affect.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
He inherited a dire team and has somehow managed to make them even worse........

Sami got us 18 points, 3 wins, 11 draws.

Chris has got us 20 points, 5 wins, 5 Draws.

Jones got us 6 points, 2 wins.

Jamie, please explain how you can possibly perceive that as being "worse?" At the very very worse he's exactly the same, more losses but more wins and more points. Technically he's actually got them to perform better in terms of points gained even if not in games not lost (which was one of Sami's biggest problems according to this board - too many draws)

Or alternatively learn how football works and then make an intelligent comment?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Chris Hughton playing tediously boring football, whilst not being able to motivate the team or fanbase?

Maybe us Norwich fans aren't so deluded after all eh

Turns out that they were both deluded and married to their sisters.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Wonder how Fergie would have coped in the late 1980's with the internet... the answer is he wouldn't, judging by what's happened to Moyes and now Van Gaal. Remember United won NOTHING under Fergie until the FA Cup in 1990.

So even if Hughton doesn't succeed this season, I would give him time. Unless of course he's poached by another club, which given what he's achieved at Albion he may well be.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think CH has a very good squad now. It's what he does with it.

Dropped three in form players for Saturday's game and reverted back to the isolated lone striker ways of Sami and we got totally stuffed. Brought those three players back on Tuesday, playing 4-4-2 and we controlled the game and came away with an excellent win.

Every manager will make mistakes though so can't be too harsh on him. However, what I would have liked to have heard was along the lines of "Ooops. Got that one wrong. Sorry about that. Let's move on" rather than "I don't regret anything". That doesn't really suggest that he has learned from the mistakes at Cardiff. We just pray that he has and that it won't happen again!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Dropped three in form players for Saturday's game and reverted back to the isolated lone striker ways of Sami and we got totally stuffed. Brought those three players back on Tuesday, playing 4-4-2 and we controlled the game and came away with an excellent win.

Every manager will make mistakes though so can't be too harsh on him. However, what I would have liked to have heard was along the lines of "Ooops. Got that one wrong. Sorry about that. Let's move on" rather than "I don't regret anything". That doesn't really suggest that he has learned from the mistakes at Cardiff. We just pray that he has and that it won't happen again!

What he's done with it is: a) compile it. b) motivate it. c) lead it to fourth.

Right, so in a season where we've picked up points in 28 of 33 games, the one you choose to pick out is a defeat. And then question whether he's learned his lesson, having changed formation at half time and played the usual one in the next game.
Seems fair and balanced.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

The scoreline suggests we were totally stuffed but on the balance of play that is not truly the case. Mistakes were made by established members of the 11. The three in form players that you mention all came back in fresher for the next game and we were able to get a win. Managing with hindsight is easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here