Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton not the best manager in the Football League say Four Four Two

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'd be intrigued to see their 'predictions' this year. Last year they thought we'd finish second bottom.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
RDM is #10 behind the chap from Rochdale. They outrageously suggest he's not proved himself yet and he might come a cropper this season.

Don't think it's too harsh really.

MK Dons - Got them in to the Play-Offs, about what was expected.
West Brom - Got them promoted with an extremely strong squad. Starting the next season well before falling apart and being fired.
Chelsea - Most Chelsea fans agree that Di Matteo isn't the reason why the won the Champions League that season. Whilst his first year was impressive there, it's important to remember he was sacked after less than a year and Chelsea were knocked out in the group stage of the Champions League the following season.
Schalke - Despite having a team containing Draxler, Howdes, Matip, Sane, Huntelaar etc he finished 18 points off of the Champions League places and 31 points behind Bayern.

He's very mixed bag as a manager, and IMO people focus too much on the CL win.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FourFourTwo writers are no better than many of the sages on NSC. Reports such as that are meaningless. Profile doesn't mean quality.

Their prediction history in the Championship is probably WORSE than the average NSC contributer. They do seem a bit clueless for a bespoke football magazine :shrug:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Don't think it's too harsh really.

MK Dons - Got them in to the Play-Offs, about what was expected.
West Brom - Got them promoted with an extremely strong squad. Starting the next season well before falling apart and being fired.
Chelsea - Most Chelsea fans agree that Di Matteo isn't the reason why the won the Champions League that season. Whilst his first year was impressive there, it's important to remember he was sacked after less than a year and Chelsea were knocked out in the group stage of the Champions League the following season.
Schalke - Despite having a team containing Draxler, Howdes, Matip, Sane, Huntelaar etc he finished 18 points off of the Champions League places and 31 points behind Bayern.

He's very mixed bag as a manager, and IMO people focus too much on the CL win.

Agree with this. He has one crowning achievement, which as you say wasn't a lot to do with him (and Chelsea were very lucky that year, especially the final where Bayern hammered them all game), and the rest is pretty ordinary. Not convinced he'll do a great job at Villa but may well be proved wrong.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I could not help myself when I saw this bet on Paddy Power

Rafa Benitez NOT to be Newcastle manager on 1st January at an eye watering 6/1

Basket case Newcastle United
Unbelieveable expectations from their long suffering fans
Owner utterly clueless how to run a football club

I'd have taken evens on this bet. Can't believe its 6s

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I doubt Chris will be up all night worrying whats written there - A managers abilities are all subjective : I doubt they have even seen him on the training ground as he very seldom lets outsiders in or around the training ground

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I could not help myself when I saw this bet on Paddy Power

Rafa Benitez NOT to be Newcastle manager on 1st January at an eye watering 6/1

Basket case Newcastle United
Unbelieveable expectations from their long suffering fans
Owner utterly clueless how to run a football club

I'd have taken evens on this bet. Can't believe its 6s

That's one hell of a bet.
My crystal ball says he'll be gone mid November when they're 16th after 3 straight defeats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here