Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton in!

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
well fair cop, he only got promoted once, i got that wrong, but that actually makes it worse in his case

and actually, getting 11th place with NEWCASTLE in your 'first season back in the premiership' isnt actually that good an achievement

considering you can only draw from his time at newcastle it seems like youre clutching at straws here

Nope, read the opening post.

4th and 1 point off winning their Europa League group with Birmingham who were in financial ruin at the time was a pretty good achievement.

11th with Norwich, again not a bad achievement considering they finished lower the season before.

His final season at Norwich wasn't great as he was sacked in 17th but looking at their squad I think it was their rightful position. I guess you could argue the other way.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
On the up side, he has experience of the Championship where he has done well previously.
On the up & also a little on the down side; ANYONE is an improvement on Sami.

If it's CH, then I'll be right behind him.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Managed Newcastle, won the Championship first season. Sacked next season with Newacstle 11th in the Premier League. Harsh.

Managed Birmingham, finished 1 point behind top in their Europa League group whilst in the Championship, where they finished 4th.

Managed Norwich, sacked whilst in 17th place, they were eventually relegated. Harsh.

Not a bad record for the three seasons he's managed.

Also, taken from Wikipedia: When Hughton was dismissed as Newcastle manager, Kevin Nolan told The Sun, "Sometimes at clubs, when a manager goes, there will be some players who are pleased to see the back of him ... But everybody liked Chris. He was very popular, not just with the players but everyone who worked for the club.

Hughton in! :clap2:
hmmm …. maybe

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Nope, read the opening post.

4th and 1 point off winning their Europa League group with Birmingham who were in financial ruin at the time was a pretty good achievement.

11th with Norwich, again not a bad achievement considering they finished lower the season before.

His final season at Norwich wasn't great as he was sacked in 17th but looking at their squad I think it was their rightful position. I guess you could argue the other way.

the same europa league where everybody plays their kids?

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
the same europa league where everybody plays their kids?

Massive generalisation, just looked at Everton and Spurs squads for this years Europa league and they definitely haven't played their kids. A slightly weaker squad in comparison to their premier league squads, if that.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I'll be disappointed if we get Hughton but I'm sure I'll get over it if we continue to get positive results. However if we're not at least mid table this time next year I'll think he's been a bit of a failure. And that'll be my last post on this particular subject, good luck to whoever gets the job.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
According to the Argus breaking news at 5am Hughton is the new manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here