Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: "I have no doubts we'll be ready come that first game of the season."

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This thread is worthy of some classic :bounce::bounce::bounce:, good and bad, right or wrong, just for laughs like....:lolol:

Excellent bounce although sadly, some won't comprehend why others find their opinions so risible.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People commented on the state of affairs AT THAT TIME. To now apply the same after about 5 quality signings have been added to the squad is really rather stupid. Also, as happy as I am I checked the table this morning and we have played 7 games out of 46 so keep the Champagne on ice for a while

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This thread is worthy of some classic :bounce::bounce::bounce:, good and bad, right or wrong, just for laughs like....:lolol:

*checks to see if I made any pessimistic predictions...all clear, phew!

To be fair, I'm part of the happy-clappy, club lickers anyway and am nearly always ridiculously positive about our chances.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
People commented on the state of affairs AT THAT TIME. To now apply the same after about 5 quality signings have been added to the squad is really rather stupid. Also, as happy as I am I checked the table this morning and we have played 7 games out of 46 so keep the Champagne on ice for a while

Have you gone back and read your posts to people? Pretty critical of the club, other supporters - you've surely got to take it on the chin?

Of the 5 further signings you seem to be trying to justify yourself with, only Uwe and Murphy have made league appearances, I think that was Murphy's second start.

I think you are having a bit of a sense of humour failure over being called out on this one. Surely you must be delighted that you have been proved wrong so far!? :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But not the fin goalie
Who hasn't played
Who's started one game
Who's come on for a few minutes, and not done anything yet
german defender
He's done very well. So, had you known we'd sign him, your original outlook would have been transformed? Yeah ok.
couple of great young prospects
Not played.
and turned down £ 5 m for dunk
He's not started, and keeping him makes no difference to how good you thought we'd be, as you weren't basing your pessimism on him leaving.

Non of use can really predict how things will turn out, why can't you just be happy that you got it wrong?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea what I said earlier in the thread, suffice it to say I was not expecting anything close to what we have achieved so far. I was interested to see the results of two of our pre season friendly teams last night. Sevilla beat Moenchengladbach 3-0 and Aberdeen won their 7th league game on the trot. Seems we played decent teams pre season and did quite well too?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It does read like I'm taking credit, I did mean 'this thread is worth of 'some' classic bounces' in reference to the first bounce and them adding some....honest!
In my stupidity I thought you might have been bouncing it at the same time, but by the time you'd done your quotes etc, you'd been fixtured. I realise that 17 mins was probably too long for that. I didn't think you were trying to take credit :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who hasn't played
Who's started one game
Who's come on for a few minutes, and not done anything yet
He's done very well. So, had you known we'd sign him, your original outlook would have been transformed? Yeah ok.
Not played.
He's not started, and keeping him makes no difference to how good you thought we'd be, as you weren't basing your pessimism on him leaving.

Non of use can really predict how things will turn out, why can't you just be happy that you got it wrong?

Er, have we played 46 games already ?, that was quick !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you're saying that our great start doesn't prove you were wrong, and we're still shit. Each to their own I guess.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Don't take it personally, you weren't the only negative poster by any means! Besides, threads like these have great comedy value.

On a related subject, did you not start a thread that was a bit pessimistic before the start of the 10/11 season? Let's hope that we get the same result this time!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Things change, the situation is fluid.

When it was GRIM, it looked GRIM.

Now it is optimistic and exciting, moods change :rock:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
People bicker and argue about the strangest things on here when we're doing well...

It was a bit like the fella on the train back to Hove last night (after one had left Brigthon that was, according to him, 'half full') that was moaning to one of the station staff, and then to the rest of the carriage, pretty much all the way to Hove.

As a number of people pointed out, it was a good job we'd won, or else he would have been in an AWFUL mood.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you're saying that our great start doesn't prove you were wrong, and we're still shit. Each to their own I guess.

This is not hard to understand. I stated what I thought about the squad BEFORE all the signings we subsequently made and keeping Dunk. It really is not difficult to get to grips with. 2 months ago the squad was Sh*thouse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here