Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: "I have no doubts we'll be ready come that first game of the season."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Total number of people that have no doubts we'll be ready come that first game of the season:

Feb 14, 2010
Good post.

No its not, its a cliche post that doesnt survive one word. Palace. Patience? Drivel. This club will have 24000 - 34000 paying every week. Patience? Do me a favour, palace didnt need patience and they were bust and living off 11000 paying punters plus freebies. They are however a club who recognise a goalscorer when they see one, unlike us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just hope we can stay up and stay as high as we can until we get a Chairman and Manager capable of fulfilling our dreams.
Are you fishing, are you new here, or are you just stupid?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Total number of people that have no doubts we'll be ready come that first game of the season:

We won't be ready for sure.

A positive is that Forest will not be ready either.

I have every confidence that we'll have signed at least 2 more players before Forest, leaving 2 or 3 to get in asap after the opening game.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We won't be ready for sure.

A positive is that Forest will not be ready either.

I have every confidence that we'll have signed at least 2 more crocked players before Forest, leaving 2 or 3 to get in asap after the opening game.

Changed your quote for an ironic giggle but I think and hope you are correct we sign two more before Forest!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
" I have no doubts we'll be Bottom of the table by the international break"

We are now certainly one of the poorer quality teams in the Championship. I doubt any of our rivals are at all bothered by the thought of playing us this season. How we have regressed since Gus left.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We are now certainly one of the poorer quality teams in the Championship. I doubt any of our rivals are at all bothered by the thought of playing us this season. How we have regressed since Gus left.

The Amex is no fortress now either, teams love coming here and have nothing to fear, so our home advantage is now lost

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's how i feel mate. In fact i feel deflated already about the season ahead. Its our first summer with no manager changes either and yet it's the same tiresome saga of recruiting players.

Both Boro and Derby don't receive parachute payments and are firm favorites with the bookies. They don't appear to have trouble bringing in players.

I'm guessing that's because they are Middlesbrough and Derby County. We're competing for leftovers.

larus

Expectations??

v Forest I expect a loss and would take a draw (0-0 probably) now.

I just hope we can stay up and stay as high as we can until we get a Chairman and Manager capable of fulfilling our dreams.
Me too. My dreams are that we should win the premier league within 2 seasons, with the most points ever. Well, actually, I want to go the season unbeaten. The following year, we need to win the champions league, and if the chairman isn't up to it, then he should f**k off right now and give the club to some rich Arab who wants a play thing.

£200m quid investment. Bloody loose change. Doesn't come near my dreams.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who the **** do you think you are dissing my honest post?
I think you know the answer to that.
Who made you God?
See! Of course many people ask who made God. I was not made, I am eternal. I had no beginning and will have no ending.
Its my opinion.
It's a shit one.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Forest are in danger of losing Antonio and Lansbury before we play them - that should help.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What seems very interesting by the very mixed views of how the season almost upon us will turn out is this.

When CH was appointed, if he has come in and won most of the games last year, everyone would have been expecting at least reaching the play offs and potentially even automatic promotion. With that not happening peoples expectations are diminished and even non existent in some cases.

For that reason I think the Manager and the Chairman will be quite happy with that being the case and fans Expectations managed to a sensible level. That way if we do well it seems like it's a bonus, so all the posters posting negative comments on the Manager and Chairman, they are in fact doing them a favour, with or without realising it. Or perhaps they are just diming down and keeping their own expectations in check. Either way it's good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can clearly still address the shortcomings in the squad, but really need to get 1 or 2 wingers in asap.

I'm sure we'll announce at least one signing this week, and I hope it'll be today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here