Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton as Manager = mid table MEDIOCRITY

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm 50/50 on Hughton.

I think we're mid-table mediocrity because we have mostly mediocre players.

I dream of the days of Vicente, Ulloa, Barnes, Lopez, Orlandi, Noone, Upson, Bridge and Buckley.
Noone...Blew hot and cold and didn't do much to be fair
Lopez...One good season followed by useless
Orlandi...one good season is being generous and a sick note
Buckley...one good season or half season and always crocked
Vicente...Half a dozen quality performances and the ultimate sick note

Yeah real good:glare:
You will find that the season we finished 4th was no way stronger than this season and we blew up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The FACTS as always NEVER lie, Hughton as manager has been here 49 games now and the stats are telling

Played 49 - Won 17 - Drew 17 - Lost 15

For 49 Against 49 and 20 matches where we didn't even score

We are NEVER going to get promoted or even ENTERTAINED all the time Mr DULLARD is manager.

Mid table mediocrity forever beckons until he is gone.
Excellent... I love guaranteed mid table mediocrity... The only worry you then have is which pie to buy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Excellent... I love guaranteed mid table mediocrity... The only worry you then have is which pie to buy.

Indeed. As long as we are in the champ I'm happy. Last season there was a real danger of going down and my target for the Albion for me to pledge my hard earned is Champ football minimum.

It would be nice to have a couple of 4 nil wins along the way!

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Our fantastic start to the season set unrealistic expectations. The recent results look bad and there are some clear issues as far as defensive mistakes/stupidity and lack of up front finishing is concerned however had the results fallen in a more even manner over the first half of the season I think most people would have taken sixth place at this point in the season.

Personally I think we are still punching above our weight and the real test of our team and manager is happening now. If we can stop the losing streak, get some wins and at least consolidate our position then that would be a very positive position. Anything more than that is a bonus considering our squad. I believe CH should be able to achieve the former.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The FACTS as always NEVER lie, Hughton as manager has been here 49 games now and the stats are telling

Played 49 - Won 17 - Drew 17 - Lost 15

For 49 Against 49 and 20 matches where we didn't even score

We are NEVER going to get promoted or even ENTERTAINED all the time Mr DULLARD is manager.

Mid table mediocrity forever beckons until he is gone.

You should invite Hewton to a power breakfast at Spoons and give him a stiff talking to over a full English with extra sausage.

Up the ARS!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm 50/50 on Hughton.

I think we're mid-table mediocrity because we have mostly mediocre players.

I dream of the days of Vicente, Ulloa, Barnes, Lopez, Orlandi, Noone, Upson, Bridge and Buckley.
You dream of the days when the team still weren't good enough, very odd indeed.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think both are saying that despite that being our best season since whenever...it still wasn't good enough.

Both were mocking my choice of favorite players in recent times - which is fine...
I'm asking them how they can mock 8 players who helped us attain our highest position in many years.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Both were mocking my choice of favorite players in recent times - which is fine...
I'm asking them how they can mock 8 players who helped us attain our highest position in many years.

Brighton's 'highest position in many years' isn't much to shout/dream about.

We got stuffed by Palace in the semi final of the Play-offs. In theory, no more successful than the following season.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Brighton's 'highest position in many years' isn't much to shout/dream about.

We got stuffed by Palace in the semi final of the Play-offs. In theory, no more successful than the following season.

1: It's all about what entertains us. That team (12/13) entertained me more than the current one does.
What gets you off might be different to the next person.
2: We finished 4th. Following season, 6th.
We got dicked 6-2 in the Play-Offs so "in theory" we were twice as bad in the 13/14 season. Be sensible.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
1: It's all about what entertains us. That team (12/13) entertained me more than the current one does.
What gets you off might be different to the next person.
2: We finished 4th. Following season, 6th.
We got dicked 6-2 in the Play-Offs so "in theory" we were twice as bad in the 13/14 season. Be sensible.

You're correct.

That squad was amazing. 'The dream days'.

el punal

What happened to your theory of English manager and 4-4-2 to be promoted?
Funnily enough did not hear anyone complaining less than a month ago. Maybe we give him more than 2 weeks to turn it back around

Oh do come on! There are some people on this board who think we should have been Champions by now. And, how disgraceful it is that every game we've won has only been by one goal, the total incompetence of drawing eleven games - why didn't we win? As for the four defeats, well, the whole management and coaching team should be sacked immediately . . . . . you will find these people in any high street or shopping centre holding up a placard stating "The End Of The World Is Nigh".

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Oh do come on! There are some people on this board who think we should have been Champions by now. And, how disgraceful it is that every game we've won has only been by one goal, the total incompetence of drawing eleven games - why didn't we win? As for the four defeats, well, the whole management and coaching team should be sacked immediately . . . . . you will find these people in any high street or shopping centre holding up a placard stating "The End Of The World Is Nigh".

Replacement for Nathan Jones?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't mocking your choice of players more your rosy speccedness for days of old.
Especially forming that opinion today and not say, after the MK Dons or Bristol City matches (?) when the team easily played the best ever football seen at the AMEX. (fook know where that side is now)

At the end of the day you're pinning after a team was lacking and came up short.

Since you mentioned it, now for the choice of players.
This is quite simple:-

Had any one of those 5 played any kind of consistent football, for the entire season, close to the best they had shown in fits and starts, we wouldn't be having this conversation because you'd be right and the Albion would be in the Premier League (at a canter).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is he STILL poorly? Last night was his worst performance yet.

It didn't sound good on the wireless, but then again neither did anyone else. How many full games has he played when well - 2 or 3 (and he wasn't match fit when he joined us anyway) ? Take your point but I'd give him a bit more rope before the proverbial hanging. He's not first in line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here