Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Talksport (yes, I know) released an injury league table today. Despite this season being much worse than last for injuries, we still have been quite fortunate and are 18th in the table, with one of the lowest injury rates. Just unfortunate in the aspect that the longer injuries have happened to some of our most important players

https://talksport.com/football/483205/number-of-injuries-suffered-premier-league-club-this-season/

For nearly 3 seasons now Albion haven't had a lot of them, our players recover generally on time, probably because they are looked after by an award winning/world class medical team, Hughton is nearly always completely transparent about it often 2 or 3 times a week giving multiple updates and providing what is a running commentary on recovery, but occasionally there are setbacks with the odd player (this season mostly just Izquierdo and Gross). If he tried otherwise then social media posts and the players bumping into NSC posters would soon put paid to that strategy.
Yet still people believe otherwise. (apart from the ones who just do it to wind me up - :))

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
For nearly 3 seasons now Albion haven't had a lot of them, our players recover generally on time, probably because they are looked after by an award winning/world class medical team, Hughton is nearly always completely transparent about it often 2 or 3 times a week giving multiple updates and providing what is a running commentary on recovery, but occasionally there are setbacks with the odd player (this season mostly just Izquierdo and Gross). If he tried otherwise then social media posts and the players bumping into NSC posters would soon put paid to that strategy.
Yet still people believe otherwise. (apart from the ones who just do it to wind me up - :))

Yes but what about Bernardo? Slight hammy tweak doesn’t take this long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes but what about Bernardo? Slight hammy tweak doesn’t take this long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s due back training next week says CH. hardly that unusual for a hamstring. Not sure why desire to think it might be something else.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Talksport (yes, I know) released an injury league table today. Despite this season being much worse than last for injuries, we still have been quite fortunate and are 18th in the table, with one of the lowest injury rates
It seems you've completely forgotten your first four words.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Up to you if you think Hughton and the Argus report info in bad faith. I don’t.
I wasn't referring to Hughton.

And I think most newspapers print things without really knowing if they're exactly right or not, so I'm not particularly singling the Argus out, they're just the local paper that writes about the Albion.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That now much smaller injury list - pre Watford.

Ali Jahanbakhsh [Asia Cup] will train tomorrow [Friday]
Bernardo [hamstring] "He's back in training. The decision we will make is whether that (Watford) is too soon."
At the moment Izquierdo is the only injury we have.

from Thursday. Guessing one or both will be on the bench. but also forgot to include...
Balogun [ill] - anyone have any confirmation about that ? I think its been since before West Brom where he almost certainly would have played.
Naylor confirms he was ill today, but i'm guessing he's recovered and now back in training. His Insta shows he's up and about again.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17404195.albion-v-watford-how-will-they-line-up/?ref=twtrec

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Pre West Brom

Bernardo (hamstring) - fit and available for WBA

Stephens (hip) - “he’s certainly better today , but probably won’t play v WBA”

Izquierdo (knee) - not training yet - although CH hinted pre Watford he was hoping he might start training this week.

Ali J (Asia cup) - will play v WBA

Via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ion-vs-brighton-and-hove-albion-on-06-feb-19/

Seeing that Button was in the press conference this morning, I assume he will be playing on Wednesday.

Is Steele still injured?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Post Burnley

March [ankle] "He's hurt his ankle. The physios did some work at half-time to see if he could run it off, but he wasn't able to. Hopefully it's not too bad.
"Solly's in good form at the moment. We hope it's not a bad one. He's in a very competitive squad and we want as many players fit as possible."

Izquierdo [knee] - CH said he was due to be back training (Thursday Feb 7) after a couple of months out.

Andone [suspension] - Burnley was game 1 of the 3 match ban. He's due to miss Derby (H) - cup, Leicester (A), and be back for Hudds (H)

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17421653.solly-march-injury-concern-for-albion/?ref=twtrec

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here