Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huge game and a huge test for Hughton Saturday

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
CH is under enormous pressure now to get a win on Saturday if Cardiff get a result at Fulham.His tactics/team selection are going to be a real dilemma for him let’s hope he gets it right.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So as I see it we need to match Cardiff's results for the next 3 games and can afford to drop 3 pts.

Fulham v Cardiff - Draw
Brighton v Newcastle - Draw

Cardiff v Palace - Cardiff Win
Arsenal v Brighton - Brighton Lose

Brighton v Man City - Brighton Lose
Man Utd v Cardiff - Cardiff Lose

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

If Fulham and Palace can do us a favour, then even better.

I really don't want it to go down to the wire with United suddenly back playing how they were under Mourinho...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really hope we start with Andone and not Murray but I doubt we will. Andone apparently walking straight past CH and shrugging his shoulders to the rest of the players in a “why me” manner, when subbed, has probably swung it.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I just cannot see us scoring................I just hope they don't but another 88 min goal will do me in!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We won’t win and that’s all there is to it. In fact I might go all out on a limb here and say we won’t score either!!

Let’s get on with relegation, a new manager and a new team. I don’t want to watch this one any longer, it’s embarrassing. We shouldn’t be in the PL, it’s not in our DNA and has been the most hopeless, predictive football to watch (relative to the division) since 97/98. Can’t wait to get back into the Champ and see some entertainment again.

Have you been peeking at Chris's pre-match interview notes again..:rolleyes:

Stumpy Tim

GD is not an issue now so a Spurs goal fest would not have made much of a difference other than team morale and that's rock bottom anyway

Possibly the least accurate post on NSC this week. Good work. If we lose all three games and Cardiff win one and lose two, GD comes into play. GD is our trump card.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Scenario: Cardiff lose at Fulham and we then go into the Newcastle game 3 points clear. We are drawing after 70 minutes.

Do we keep it tight and batten down the hatches to go 4 points clear?
Or do we gamble and push forward for a win leaving us vulnerable to conceding a late goal?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What makes you think we will suddenly change form/tactics? If we couldn’t get up for the Cardiff game why will Newcastle be any different from any of the games this year!
Hughton hasn’t got it in him to motivate a win! I can’ see Cardiff picking up 6 points as they have a manager and players with motivation!

that's bollocks.

Cardiff we started on the front foot and attacking. It just went against us and we were poor.

I fully expect us to be on the front foot again.

Hughton has managed to get the defensive steel back in us and has all the players finally fighting for this.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM !!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Possibly the least accurate post on NSC this week. Good work. If we lose all three games and Cardiff win one and lose two, GD comes into play. GD is our trump card.

I think you may have mis-read that post ..... or I have !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Scenario: Cardiff lose at Fulham and we then go into the Newcastle game 3 points clear. We are drawing after 70 minutes.

Do we keep it tight and batten down the hatches to go 4 points clear?
Or do we gamble and push forward for a win leaving us vulnerable to conceding a late goal?

I'm thinking 4 points is enough but we'll need all of them.

As for your scenario, no idea. I'd like to go at them from the off and get 2 or 3 up. Problem is I think CH will play conservatively and we will be vulnerable to the sucker punch right up to the final whistle.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
The team will be announced at 4.30 before the end of the Cardiff game.. CH will therefore most likely have to decide on his starting team beforehand and adjust tactics...

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
If it had been a goal fest for Spurs then it could have brought GD back into play for sure. We’ve got City and Arsenal to play - we couldn’t afford to get beaten by 4 in each of those games if Spurs has thrashed us

Just spend a couple of minutes trying to work out which of our defenders or goalkeepers has the initials GD......Doh!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If it had been a goal fest for Spurs then it could have brought GD back into play for sure. We’ve got City and Arsenal to play - we couldn’t afford to get beaten by 4 in each of those games if Spurs has thrashed us

In understand your point.

Lose by 4 last night and at arsenal and home to city and it would have taken us to -33 against their -35. They draw against fulham and beat palace by 2 and we draw against newcastle and then its down to goals scored which is very tight too (32 for us and at least 32 for them is they beat palace by 2 clear goals).

Last night with a tight game has reduced that risk and leaves us 13 better on gd with 3 to play

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
The team will be announced at 4.30 before the end of the Cardiff game.. CH will therefore most likely have to decide on his starting team beforehand and adjust tactics...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here