glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't say I held much admiration for them when they rocked up at the Amex as early League leaders, and proceeded to STINK the place out by doing a Cardiff, trying to niggle, timewaste and bore their way to a 0-0. Dog of a game. Thankfully their keeper handed us the points late on with a fumble, and they left with nothing, which was exactly what they deserved. Their total lack of ambition at our place considering the start they'd had was baffling.
They paid us far too much respect that night and altered their game. I don't think they'll make the same mistake tonight. Perhaps it'll be us parking the bus this time.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I really admire what Huddersfield are doing, they seem a hard working team with a game plan that works. The lads will know they've been in a match tonight, I just hope we can play up to our best. I'm hopeful that we'll come away with something but this is a hard one.

Totally agree it will be a very good test for us. Two very fit teams and a win will be a massive boost for either one, but Hudd's probably need the win more. It could just come down to which team paces itself the best and which one fades.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mooy is the guy who makes them tick. He came on for the last 20 at Spotland in the 4-0 win over Rochdale.

It should be a cracking game between 2 hard-working teams. Bring it on!

PG

This. I hope Mooy doesn't start. If things go well this season, it'd be worth seeing if we can get him on loan for next season, or even buying him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Huddersfield 0-2 Brighton and Hove Albion

but it will not be easy

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
About time for Albion to change up a gear,and give the northern monkeys a sound thrashing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After their meek effort at the Amex, I was guilty of writing off Huddersfield's chances of lasting the pace. They were very poor that night.

I held on to that view despite their grinding out wins, until I saw them live on TV at Norwich - they were superb that night. Far better than I'd given them credit for.

A draw tonight would be a decent result.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They paid us far too much respect that night and altered their game. I don't think they'll make the same mistake tonight. Perhaps it'll be us parking the bus this time.

No, as the home team I certainly expect them to come at us this time. I don't think we need to alter anything in how we approach the game though, we've given ourselves a chance to win in almost every game on the road this season, other than when we didn't turn up at Newcastle (not helped by Baldocks red), and the disappointing result at Deepdale (where we rarely seem to do well).

I'm still scared shitless, obviously. But if we just keep doing what we've been doing for over a year now, then they'll have to play extremely well to turn us over. Even then it won't be a DISASTER (although this place will certainly be well worth avoiding).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
3-1😯

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Need to go all out for the win tonight. If we get the 3 points I wouldn't be gutted if we lost/drew with Brentford. Real 6 pointer (cliche I know)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"Manager David Wagner may be tempted to bring Aaron Mooy back in to the starting-line-up after he recovered from a back injury to play some part at the Kassam Stadium"

When did they play at the Kassam Stadium?
March 2004 was the last time, I believe!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Mooy is the guy who makes them tick. He came on for the last 20 at Spotland in the 4-0 win over Rochdale.

It should be a cracking game between 2 hard-working teams. Bring it on!

PG

This. I hope Mooy doesn't start. If things go well this season, it'd be worth seeing if we can get him on loan for next season, or even buying him.

Best Australian player in over a decade since Tim Cahill became such a key figure.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
After their meek effort at the Amex, I was guilty of writing off Huddersfield's chances of lasting the pace. They were very poor that night.

I held on to that view despite their grinding out wins, until I saw them live on TV at Norwich - they were superb that night. Far better than I'd given them credit for.

A draw tonight would be a decent result.

We still struggled to score though. And I think they might have had an off day.

I don't know how good their players are. Kasey Palmer is meant to be tricky and attractive to watch.

They are on a high and at home. That might be worth a goal start. I think injuries will make more of a difference though.

It is about time we played well as well as win. PS: I didn't actually think we played too badly at Birmingham, but we never actually looked like winning.

It is downward blip against Cardiff and we won.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No, as the home team I certainly expect them to come at us this time. I don't think we need to alter anything in how we approach the game though, we've given ourselves a chance to win in almost every game on the road this season, other than when we didn't turn up at Newcastle (not helped by Baldocks red), and the disappointing result at Deepdale (where we rarely seem to do well).

I'm still scared shitless, obviously. But if we just keep doing what we've been doing for over a year now, then they'll have to play extremely well to turn us over. Even then it won't be a DISASTER (although this place will certainly be well worth avoiding).

This, especially the last sentence

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
1-1, which I'd happily take however if we aren't up for it we will lose, I can't see us grinding out a result against them as we have done against others, as they will be seriously up for it I'd wager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here