Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~*Huddersfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Thread*~*~*

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You can blame the refs when it's totally the refs fault (eg Bournemouth). Rochdale wasn't, we went 2-1 up AFTER they had the penalty, missed chance and cocked up for the equaliser.

Today the ref should have sent off their defender, but that doesn't explain why we missed the penalty, maybe he shouldn't have given a freekick for their equaliser - but that doesn't expalin why no one was marking their top striker in the middle of the 6 yard box. We've got problems we need to address.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought we played pretty well. All we did wrong was missed a penalty yet again and defend terribly for the equaliser. Not exactly a crisis.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can blame the refs when it's totally the refs fault (eg Bournemouth). Rochdale wasn't, we went 2-1 up AFTER they had the penalty, missed chance and cocked up for the equaliser.

Today the ref should have sent off their defender, but that doesn't explain why we missed the penalty, maybe he shouldn't have given a freekick for their equaliser - but that doesn't expalin why no one was marking their top striker in the middle of the 6 yard box. We've got problems we need to address.

You miss the point (and im not oging over the Rochdale thing again but thanks for proving my point re some posters on here STRAIGHT away... haha)

Nobodies saying we haven't got problems to address - they're very obvious problems. The fact is vs 10 men for an hr we'd have surely WON.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Of course, no one has ever failed to beat 10 men. So I've proved your point that some people will disagree with what you say. Great point.
Referees even at the top level make mistakes and the ones we get are no where near as good as those at the top level, you have to cope with that, to blame it all on the ref is blinkered and foolish, there were 89 minutes of football outside those two possibly wrong decisions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course, no one has ever failed to beat 10 men. So I've proved your point that some people will disagree with what you say. Great point.
Referees even at the top level make mistakes and the ones we get are no where near as good as those at the top level, you have to cope with that, to blame it all on the ref is blinkered and foolish, there were 89 minutes of football outside those two possibly wrong decisions.

Nice pop at our manager then - read the Argus.

No the point you've proved is some people on here never accept officials cost us points. They do. And they have this season more than any season in the last 10 yrs I can rememeber.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

No the point you've proved is some people on here never accept officials cost us points. They do. And they have this season more than any season in the last 10 yrs I can rememeber.

The run of dodgy penalties we conceded when we were in the Championship was the worst spell of referreeing I can remember!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The run of dodgy penalties we conceded when we were in the Championship was the worst spell of referreeing I can remember!

Did it include Hinsh's handball at Pride Park when he was fully shpved onto the ball? That was awful!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or do u mean prior to that - The Phil Prosser ones vs Sheff U? Or was that even Prosser - can't recall now

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Or do u mean prior to that - The Phil Prosser ones vs Sheff U? Or was that even Prosser - can't recall now

Sheff U at home was definitely Prosser - I lost count of the number of penalties that **** gave them...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Suppositions don't win games. We really shouldn't need the ref/lino to have good games in order to win matches. If your strikers don't take chances, then any decisions the ref takes are amplified through frustration in the inability to finish teams off. We are in striker chaos right now and we need someone to step up and get clinical.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

If you are talking about the pen, it wasnt a red card

kevhome2

Jan 20, 2010
Penalties

No cause for panic, we are still 3 points clear and should have picked up a result at Hudersfield. Need to address penalties though. Several on the radio said we've missed 5 out of 5 this season but actually Barnsey scored one against Exeter. Which brings me to the question, Barnsey or Chris Wood ? I prefer Barnsey so I'm not sure about Wood starting ahead of him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No cause for panic, we are still 3 points clear and should have picked up a result at Hudersfield. Need to address penalties though. Several on the radio said we've missed 5 out of 5 this season but actually Barnsey scored one against Exeter. Which brings me to the question, Barnsey or Chris Wood ? I prefer Barnsey so I'm not sure about Wood starting ahead of him.

Barnes got one against Peterborough too

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you are talking about the pen, it wasnt a red card

lol lol lol. So that wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity no?

If you're talking about the tackle yes after the 4th slow mo replay u can see he gets the ball. However the commentators didn't say it wasn't a pen - that's modern football I'm afraid and he takes a lot of the man. I would prefer it to be it you get the ball u can do anything but it's not anymore and the refs angle suggested a clear pen. Not complaining we've had a lot more bad decisions given against us this year - a lot worse than that. The point is if he's given a pen it is a red card. Also funny how if that game wasn't featured on FLS and you didn't see 4 slow mo replays we'd have all assumed it was a pen from the normal angle - we're n ot Prem lg like Spurs remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here