perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
League Table 2011-12

cf.

English League Championship 2011-2012 Table - statto.com

Slightly ahead of last season

Bolton are in the same position as Reading were last season, seemingly out of the reckoning. Leeds are below Bolton.

Last season Southampton recorded nine home wins at this stage and no points lost just like Cardiff.

This is the time to put in a burst of form and good results and maintain it into the new year.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't really see your point??? Yes congrats to Crofts and his family, but why didn't they just tell us that yesterday??? Or don't the fans who support the club deserve to be told why a player is not in the squad or traveled....Everyone is a clever fucker when they are told aren't they.

My point is that a wild accusation of yours based on very little other than your own suspicions, appears not to be the case, as his significant other was giving birth.

As for why not tell the fans, because it's not the club's place to, it's a private event until such time (apparently this morning in this case) that Crofts wishes them to reveal it.

It's not about being clever now, it's about being responsible and not spreading wild theories that could unsettle the squad simply because the club haven't given you reasoning for every single decision they make.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not automatically. It's only throw-ins, corners and goal kicks that you cannot be offside from. You can be offside from a regular free kick (I assume because for throw ins, corners and goal kicks, the ball has left the field of play, so you can't be ahead or behind it, whereas free kicks are taken from within the field of play, so have a point a player can be ahead of).

what i meant was , for a pro footballer to get himself offside from a free kick is super daft.........even for our Ash...... still didn't look o/side to me though... very tight either way. is ritalin classed as a p.e.d...?? may help.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The idea is to pass into the space in front of Buckley. At the speed he moved it has got to be so far ahead that it appears to be in an empty space. Phenomenal. More dangerous than Vicente. Nigh impossible to stop. Man mark empty space is the best bet.

The hold up, turn and perfect curling ball from Hoskins to Buckley for his one-on-one was fantastic... really hope to see him play more games as we really haven't seen what he can deliver yet...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
what i meant was , for a pro footballer to get himself offside from a free kick is super daft.........even for our Ash...... still didn't look o/side to me though... very tight either way. is ritalin classed as a p.e.d...?? may help.

Ah, sorry, misunderstood.

I think with offside, people have unrealistic expectations about how players shouldn't be caught offside. I'm not talking about you, but commentators who talk about how a player should be able to look along a line, as if he isn't also looking for when the ball is kicked, the space he' running into, his options, and isn't necessarily angled to look right across the line, instead perhaps looking at a deceptive angle. I think they also tend to forget they play against professionals who are equally expert at stepping up to catch people offside, etc.

I think the same applies to most aspects of football, where we expect so much of one player or team because they are professionals, without any regard for the fact they are facing another team of professionals who might not act like training dummies or even do what "should" be done (either due to being human and fallible, or by tactical design).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Palace to Bolton

Who has recently advocated full time referees for the Championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports