***Huddersfield Town -V- Brighton and Hove Albion*** Official Match Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Poyet interview on the radio. Very much playing to the player's strengths. e.g. Hoskins better at holding the ball up. Gus prefers Messi to Ronaldo and Zaha is a good player but he prefers Buckley. I have the same view.

Zaha not expected to sign for Brighton because he is a Palace player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
beginning to wonder if I missed something - reading one or two of the comments on here I'm sure we must have lost :lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I didnt say that....qualify strikers?..CMS..how many has he scored? i f u r going to call Barnes a striker..then its a fail...but he isent played an out and out..and if u call Barnes a striker..then u have to include buckley and he has 3 in last 2...so i reiterate...after getting 4 points from 2 away games and scoring 5...yur first comment is we need a striker...your opinion sure..i was merely querying it for the reasons stated

Yes I am sure. The amount of chances we've missed may have cost us today and did cost us against Wolves. Against the better teams we'll have far fewer chances and need to have confidence in our strikers to finish them. Barnes isn't being played as an out an out striker, your right, he was also providing cover for Painter but missing two very clear cut chances isn't good enough and if Bridge returns next Saturday I expect he'll be dropped to the bench again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes I am sure. The amount of chances we've missed may have cost us today and did cost us against Wolves. Against the better teams we'll have far fewer chances and need to have confidence in our strikers to finish them.

Sure..would have been nice to have scored more...maybe we should have...but that doesnt mean its got to be the front 1/2 does it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Poyet interview on the radio. Very much playing to the player's strengths. e.g. Hoskins better at holding the ball up. Gus prefers Messi to Ronaldo and Zaha is a good player but he prefers Buckley. I have the same view.

Zaha not expected to sign for Brighton because he is a Palace player.

and he seemed cheerful lol

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sure..would have been nice to have scored more...maybe we should have...but that doesnt mean its got to be the front 1/2 does it

Not at all, but when they're getting chances and not taking them, it's time to be replaced. Because that is their primary function in the team.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Against the better teams we'll have far fewer chances and need to have confidence in our strikers to finish them.

1, Hudds are a "better team"

2, It doesnt work like that , championship every win (nearly) has to be hard earned.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
A win against a side in the top half of the league!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The League Table is taking shape now,

Cardiff and Leicester the teams to beat and we are still in with a chance after this valuable win.

Report seems fair enough:

Sporting Life - Football News | Live Scores, Football Transfer News & Gossip

I think we might have caught them on a bad day.

"The 24-year-old midfielder powered home an unstoppable shot from the edge of the penalty area in the fifth minute and doubled Brighton's lead five minutes before half-time with a clinical low finish."

Blimey, he's ageing quickly...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brighton dominated the first half with controlled passing and made plenty of use of the space between Town's midfield and defence.

Simon Grayson's side were already being dragged around the pitch when Buckley opened the scoring on five minutes, cutting in from the right and beating Alex Smithies at his near post with a smart shot which caught everyone off guard.

Town huffed and puffed and Danny Ward created a great chance for Church to level on 34 minutes, but he headed over and Brighton roared straight back.

Ashley Barnes had a header wiped out for offside but Buckley made it two on 39 minutes, jinking his way past Peter Clarke and scoring after Craig Mackail-Smith's through ball had left Joel Lynch on his backside.

Read more: Examiner http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2012/11/17/huddersfield-town-1-2-brighton-86081-32253549/#ixzz2CVOCn3J5

Huddersfield Town 1 - 2 Brighton - Huddersfield Town News - Huddersfield Town - Huddersfield Examiner

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports