Huddersfield town Fans Forum - Down at the Mac

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm not someone who would normally jump to Thatcher's defence - particularly in relation to coal mining - but I think it's fair to say that most coal mines in the Huddersfield area closed during the reign of Queen Victoria.

Your letting facts get in the way again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm not someone who would normally jump to Thatcher's defence - particularly in relation to coal mining - but I think it's fair to say that most coal mines in the Huddersfield area closed during the reign of Queen Victoria.

Also Huddersfield never had coal mines, it was and still is a textile and chemical engineering town as was most of the towns in west yorkshire. But hey, brighton fans are all gay so stereotyping is alive and well and living on nsc

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Is it Huddersfield that has the site with the cartoony match reports?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Nice, I look forward to seeing the one following Saturday's game

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Also Huddersfield never had coal mines, it was and still is a textile and chemical engineering town as was most of the towns in west yorkshire. But hey, brighton fans are all gay so stereotyping is alive and well and living on nsc

The textile industry also suffered under Thatcher's "economic modernisation" too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The textile industry also suffered under Thatcher's "economic modernisation" too.

that was more to do with cheap imports from India and the far east under sucessive governments since the war. Thatcher actually provided backing to keep the ICI factory going at the time before it was taken over in the 80's

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice, I look forward to seeing the one following Saturday's game

Not sure you'll get one as Danny (the guy who does them) just mentioned on Twitter that he doesn't think he'll make the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports