Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield/Song Sheets

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
Does anybody know how it went with the song sheets and try outs for new songs ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How embarrassing. Hope it died a complete death.

How about handing out songsheets of the existing songs to the 95% of the Withdean crowd that don't sing currently? ???

FCUM showed just how shameful our home support is.

Last edited:

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
Well if non of you knew there was a whole thread with about 14 pages of it.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
To be honest, it was quite embarrassing. The new songs seemed too forced and staged (especially the one to the tune of Spandau Ballet's Gold - just terrible).

D

Deleted User X18H

For gawd sake. How thoroughly embarrassing. These are the sort of people who try to give players instructions when they come over to take a corner or shout a players name during the warm up etc until; the player responds ,then gives a thumbs up and mouths a nonsense response to the poor player as if they are big mates. Oh not forgetting hanging around in Withdean car park before and after the match trying to touch Gordon Greer etc. The mind boggles.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh that lot were near me around 10 of them and it was cringeworthy beyond belief.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Look, Im all for some new songs to be introduced,
but there is no quality in the current batch. Factually wrong,
dull, monotonous.
I always found songs were 'naturally' born on the terrace.
Yesterday was like the opening round of 'Britains Got Talent'.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of singing yesterday. I thought at times we did well, made some noise and created an atmosphere. Other times we were quiet. What the team needs is a lift, everyone singing songs we all know, as loud and often as we can. Although occassionally new songs appear usually connected to a player or manager like "Gus Poyet me Lord" which I think work, generally we need to stick to singing the classic Brighton songs and get behind the team.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I thought we were quite loud but when your in the middle of your own fans you tend to think that. I had two town fans at the opposite side of the ground say we were quite quiet, having said that i have been behind the goal at the home end at teh galpharm and the away always seems quiet. Seems a difficult place to get much volume for the rest of the stadium to hear.

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
I thought the new songs were great, and it's good to see a new generation of fans with their own ideas, doing their best to create an atmosphere. I don't understand this 'embarrassing' thing. Some people on here seem to knock anyone who tries to do anything NEW.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the new songs were great, and it's good to see a new generation of fans with their own ideas, doing their best to create an atmosphere. I don't understand this 'embarrassing' thing. Some people on here seem to knock anyone who tries to do anything NEW.

Sorry but it IS embarrassing. These things should happen spontaneously. Organically. Like the ruffians. As if its not bad enough having a troupe of scoutmasters trying to drum up a band of 'Ultras', we've now got a gang of choirmasters running about the place issuing songsheets. SAKE! It's just laughable. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to cover it. GO. AWAY.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Some people are such fuckin moaning wankers. For a year now there has been a hardcore of people trying to get new songs, chants and a bit of atmosphere going. All they get is total opposition and people saying it is sad. These will be the same people that will moan that the Amex has no atmosphere. Flags, new songs, balloons whatever, if it adds to the atmosphere then I am all for it.

I'd rather have a new generation of fans trying to get some new songs than a moaning prick singing 'Albion' for the 100th time that match. To those who made the song sheets, well done and keep it going.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here