Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield set to sign Van La Parra.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well I bow to your superior knowledge. Certainly it was the first I'd heard of it, when my excited Terriers supporting mate rang me with the news.

I agree though, Knockaert is the superior player, so I promise not to get too upset that Van La Parra, seemingly, is bound elswhere.
I don't have any superior knowledge, nor have I ever felt the need to seek kudos from being the first to post anything. The VLP possible move to Huddersfield was being discussed in the Heineken Lounge prior to Saturday's game. :shrug:

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Good luck to him, overall a good lad and scored two very important goals. He was our main threat when Solly got injured and it was his cross for Hemed's winner against Charlton in the brilliant comeback.

At least at Huddersfield he won't be able to score against us again this season, but might be able to help us out against our rivals.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have it on excellent authority, that Huddersfield are set to land Van La Parra. Having just signed Joe Mason from Cardiff, RVLP is most definately surplus to requirements at Molyneaux, and Huddersfield's bid, is set to be accepted.
Strange, bearing in mind that he went straight back from us into their first team starting line-up and has stayed there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't quite up to the standard we're after this season. Last season he would've been a good signing. Did well though & by no means a poor player. Wish him all the best...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Strange, bearing in mind that he went straight back from us into their first team starting line-up and has stayed there.

Wolves have several injury troubles at the moment. It's clear Jackett doesn't rate VLP so they clearly have a replacement lined up.

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
I have it on excellent authority, that Huddersfield are set to land Van La Parra. Having just signed Joe Mason from Cardiff, RVLP is most definately surplus to requirements at Molyneaux, and Huddersfield's bid, is set to be accepted.

Sideways move for him, Huddersfield aren't exactly going places. Was never interested in us re-signing him anyway, wasn't a massive fan of him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Would happily take him on loan, we won't have March back until next season.

He was our best loanee winger for a very long time

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Wolves have several injury troubles at the moment. It's clear Jackett doesn't rate VLP so they clearly have a replacement lined up.

Obviously something has happened there, I caught the 2nd half in Dick's of QPR vs Wolves on Saturday and he was a constant threat and based on the 2nd half deservedly got MOM from Sky. I think he's played every game for Wolves since he went back but they are happy to let him go.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I must be missing something here, from what I've seen, he has more about him than Murphy.
Don't shout me down, I can only go by the live matches I've seen him play in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Called what early?

Conveniently missed the sublime finish vs Derby or the fact that he was our only decent attacking player at Brentford. "Barely Championship standard" yet is signing for a team many agreed played some lovely stuff on Saturday.

Hope you enjoyed LuaLua's little cameo by the way...

I called that he doesn't have much about him other than the occasional moment of quality, he's Sebastian Carole. That's all, he will have good moments but he's nowhere near being consistent enough for this level and I wouldn't have wanted us to sign him permanently. He'd have ended up in Danny Holla's position, overtaken by better players coming in because he wasn't good enough to keep himself in the team.

My thoughts on LuaLua are clear, he's a rubbish footballer but he's good at drawing fouls and getting people booked - so at least he offers something. It's a shame he hasn't progressed, when he first came here I really thought he had something but clearly he doesn't. Not my kind of player in the slightest, I prefer proper footballers like Knockaert and Orlandi, Spanish Dave and Craig Noone.

I must be missing something here, from what I've seen, he has more about him than Murphy.

Murphy really isn't very good either, very disappointing signing so far. He has had one good game, and a few good moments in others, but on the whole he looks very ordinary and nowhere near as good as Will Buckley.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I called that he doesn't have much about him other than the occasional moment of quality, he's Sebastian Carole. That's all, he will have good moments but he's nowhere near being consistent enough for this level and I wouldn't have wanted us to sign him permanently. He'd have ended up in Danny Holla's position, overtaken by better players coming in because he wasn't good enough to keep himself in the team.

My thoughts on LuaLua are clear, he's a rubbish footballer but he's good at drawing fouls and getting people booked - so at least he offers something. It's a shame he hasn't progressed, when he first came here I really thought he had something but clearly he doesn't. Not my kind of player in the slightest, I prefer proper footballers like Knockaert and Orlandi, Spanish Dave and Craig Noone.

Murphy really isn't very good either, very disappointing signing so far. He has had one good game, and a few good moments in others, but on the whole he looks very ordinary and nowhere near as good as Will Buckley.

I could comment on your views of Jamie Murphy, and particularly LuaLua, but I'm a nice chap so I won't.

Suffice it to say, that our opinions are wildly different!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we could swap him for lightweight Murphy then yes, but otherwise no we have enough in the winger department.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Agreed, similar but Val La Parra is physically stronger and more keen to take on a full back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Van La Parre would be a good squad member but there is a limit to how many squad members you can afford. I know that he would with our existing wide men make up 4 possible while March is out injured, so the only possible way would be a season loan to go up to May.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i quite like Murphy, clearly not a starter when Knockaert, Lua Lua and March are fit.... but at least he is generally fit !

And i think offers a decent enough goal threat, some quite harsh over the top comments are going his way for me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I could comment on your views of Jamie Murphy, and particularly LuaLua, but I'm a nice chap so I won't.

Suffice it to say, that our opinions are wildly different!

You can disagree and still be a nice chap. LuaLua offers something to the team, even if it's just to get kicked for a while - that's something significant because it will lead to yellow and red cards, which helps the team. I don't think he's a good footballer, I think he's got to be one of the worst at the club - other than kicking a ball really hard, he's got nothing in terms of skill or ability. But his pace, how much he scares defenders and how tempting it is to foul him, he does something for the team.

Murphy? I think it's becoming clear he's not an overly good dribbler, he's not overly hard working and he doesn't really get involved in the game very much. He has a nice moment or two per game but the performance of Knockaert really shows him up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here