Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield player ratings

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It's a shame only 5 or 6 people joined in with the 'Joel Lynch Joel Lynch you're a c#nt' chant.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Brezovan - 5 at fault for goal
Bruno 6 - solid but nothing more
Dunk 8 - fantastic blocks and defended well
Greer 7 - better than recently
Painter 8 - first game this season, was nervous every time it went near him but didn't make one mistake and was decent on the ball
Buckley 9 - loses a point for the miss at the end, otherwise fantastic
Hammond 5 - i feel generous giving a 5. no passing, tackling, running, heading or anything
Bridcutt 8 - ran the show first half, midfield largely bypassed 2nd half as Huddersfield went long ball
Orlandi 8 - calm and composed, a threat on the ball and a good first touch every time. Very impressive
Barnes 6 - solid on the ball but nothing more, missed a sitter first half
Mackail-Smith 6 - ran as hard as ever and got lucky with the assist, but not up to usual high standards

Hoskins 7 - did far more on the ball than CMS, was very impressed by his intelligent runs, strength and touch
Dicker 7 - showed Hammond up quite frankly
Calderon - fantastic late tackle as home fans wanted a penalty
I agree with pretty much all of this except Big Pete's score; I flinched every time the ball went near him and it seemed that he did too!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Bridcutt 9: Immense, everywhere, awesome.
His return to form seems to have coincided with Orlandi's presence in the side. When Hammond and Crofts were both starting in midfield it seemed to hinder Bridcutt's game somewhat, whereas Orlandi in a more advanced position (with better mobility for counter-attacking) allows Liam the space he needs to operate in. Much better balance.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Brez: 5 - looked every inch the nervous understudy and underlined how good Tommy K. is.
Bruno: 6 - looked very classy apart from a couple of errors
Greer: 7 - best game for a while
Dunk: 7 - looked pretty solid
Painter: 6 - did better than I feared but Huddersfield never had anyone with real pace to test him. Again makes you realise how good Bridge is.
Bridders: 9 - magnificent.
Hammond: 6 - his good work offset by some poor stuff
Barnes: 5 - Woefully out of the game, probably should have scored 1st half (not on target) and 2nd half lost his touch. Sub'd by Gus which says it all.
Orlandi: 7 - Some very nice touches but lacked that extra pace to beat his man.
CMS: 6 - Usual commitment and one sharp chance early on that flashed just wide, but not his day.
Buckley: 9 - devastating. Would have earned a '10' if he nailed the hat-trick. Curious opening goal, need to see it again on the FL show but his second was brilliant.

Dicker: 7. Agree he showed up hammond.
Hoskins: 7 - Looked sharp and showed good touches and ball control, would like to see him get mote pitch time
Calderon: 6 - Got a harsh yellow.

Huddersfield were poor, thought we might see a bit more from them. Their best spell was when we lost concentration in the last 10 minutes. They did not deserve anything from the game, Albion were worthy winners.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I agree with pretty much all of this except Big Pete's score; I flinched every time the ball went near him and it seemed that he did too!

lovely comment on the radio commentary that everyone was laughing whenever the ball went near Big Brez.
It almost seemed that the only time he touched the ball he gave them a goal.

Knowing he is now third choice could have worked either way for him when he got the last minute call. Sadly it seems we saw the keeper whose confidence was destroyed at Stoke and not the one who caught every cross for fun when he came here from Swindon. I srill think there are worse keepers in this league getting regular starts but I cant help hoping Kuzcs is back next week.

On the plus side it took the focus off Greer who seemed to have an okay game against a side who were invited to throw in cross after cross instead of attacking our biggest weakness driving between the centre back and the full back.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
His return to form seems to have coincided with Orlandi's presence in the side. When Hammond and Crofts were both starting in midfield it seemed to hinder Bridcutt's game somewhat, whereas Orlandi in a more advanced position (with better mobility for counter-attacking) allows Liam the space he needs to operate in. Much better balance.

Totally agree. How much longer is Gus going to keep starting Hammond?

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Brezovan 4 Poor error for their goal, and EP is right that we were bricking it when they sent crosses in.

Bruno 6 Very good getting out of difficult situations but occasionally suspect defending
Dunk 8 Much, much improved. Plenty of vital last ditch challenges.
Greer 6 Not bad
Painter 6 Didn't let us down

Bridcutt 9 Brilliant. Always brilliant.
Hammond 5 Poor. Always poor.
Orlandi 7 Drifts in and out of the game but normally sublime when he gets on the ball.
Buckley 9 Running out of adjectives to describe him. Soft first goal, great second, could have had more and more
Barnes 5 Not great

Mackail-Smith 5 Not a lot of service

Dicker 7 Improved the team, should start ahead of Hammond
Hoskins 6 Important running
Calderon 5 Needlessly booked

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It seemed to be implied in both cases.

I gave Barnes 4, lower than anyone else on this thread.

He could get a hat trick at Selhurst in three weeks, and save your wife and kids from a blazing fire en route to the match......................................................and you would still give him no more than a 4 :bigwave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did Lynch show any signs of being a player that we have missed out on or could start a thread about getting him back.

He's piled the weight on and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team.

Painter 8 - first game this season, was nervous every time it went near him but didn't make one mistake and was decent on the ball
Hammond 5 - i feel generous giving a 5. no passing, tackling, running, heading or anything
Bridcutt 8 - ran the show first half, midfield largely bypassed 2nd half as Huddersfield went long ball
Orlandi 8 - calm and composed, a threat on the ball and a good first touch every time. Very impressive
Mackail-Smith 6 - ran as hard as ever and got lucky with the assist, but not up to usual high standards

Hoskins 7 - did far more on the ball than CMS, was very impressed by his intelligent runs, strength and touch

I agree with the marks and the comments.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I was looking on the Huddersfield forum, and a couple of them were really praising Dunk, maybe El-Abd will have to wait to get back into the team?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was looking on the Huddersfield forum, and a couple of them were really praising Dunk, maybe El-Abd will have to wait to get back into the team?

He impressed yesterday, seemed far more assured than at Wolves.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

Dunks 8 might have been revised had he conceded a needless penalty by rugby tackling a town attacker off the ball. Thank goodness d'urso wasn't around to give it.

He needs to think a bit more. I still reckon he may have been sent off last week had the rash challenge not lead to a goal for wolves. So may not have even played yesterday.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
Dunks 8 might have been revised had he conceded a needless penalty by rugby tackling a town attacker off the ball. Thank goodness d'urso wasn't around to give it.

He needs to think a bit more. I still reckon he may have been sent off last week had the rash challenge not lead to a goal for wolves. So may not have even played yesterday.

I totally agree with you, I felt it was a penalty too. I think he tripped and just fell through the back of Church (?) and the referee didn't give it because it was an accident. However, I thought it could (should) have been given. Nevertheless, I thought Dunk had a great game and couldn't decide between an 8 and a 9, so the penalty swayed me to an 8. Would like to see Dunk and El-Abd play together.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Brezovan - 3 Did his best for 89 minutes, but we all know, the opposition all know and he probably knows he's good for a goal. Duly delivered on 89 minutes. Fortunately we had scored 2.
Bruno - 7 Generally solid, 2 slightly worrying air-tackles but he's probably just getting them out of his system before Palace in 2 weeks time. Would have got a 6 but gets the extra mark for an assist
Dunk - 7 Very strong, not really a foot wrong. MASSIVE header to clear away when we were under pressure at the end,
Greer - 7 Same as Dunk. Needs to stop attempting the raking 40 yards passes though.
Painter - 6 Did as well as could be expected of him. Read the game well, made his tackles and kept his winger quiet. Watching him run does remind you of how slow he is though.
Bridcutt - 8 Immense. Always in the right position, always looking for the ball, always makes his tackle, doesn't misplace passes and recently seems more willing to have the occasional foray forward.
Hammond - 6 Doesn't appear to do a lot, but I can't help suspect that it is his physical influence that allows us to dominate midfields in a way that we couldn't last season when Dicker/Harley were starting the same position.
Orlandi - 7 Best I have seen him play, looks comfortable on the ball and understands the way we play.
Barnes - 6 Chased back well as ever. Not sure what he gave us going forward. Didn't miss him when he went off.
CMS - 6 As energetic as ever, either a terrible pass that got lucky or a small piece of genius for his assist.
Buckley - 9 Sometimes I lie awake at night thinking about how lucky we are having a player of his quality. The 'uddersfield defense will be having nightmares about him this week. Ran himself into the ground. Loses a mark, perhaps rather harshly, for not getting the hattrick.

Subs:
Dicker - 6 Played as good as you can hope for him. Made his tackles. There always seems to be two players on him when he gets the ball, could be because he is slow in possession?
Hoskins -7 Added an extra dimension when he came on. His first touch emphasizes how poor CMS's is, his movement when we are attacking also makes CMS's play look very static. I suspect from now on it will be CMS for 60 minutes Hoskins for 30.
Calderon - 6 Kept it solid at the back when we were under pressure. A good man to have on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here