Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Highlights

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Also liked the commentator suggesting there were 2,500 Brighton fans there - even by our misguided attendance predictions that was pretty optimistic!

I wish they'd had a shot of the Brighton end after Owusu's goal - would have looked amazing with that massive stand all 'raising the roof'.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If you look at Fraser's feet, I can't see how it's gone in. But nevermind, we got the draw in the end. I wish they'd shown Davies' cracker at the end.

Michel has once again earnt us a point, I really don't understand why people don't like him. ??? Top goalkeeper.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Yes the Michel save they showed on the highlights was brilliant - I hadn't realised at the time what a match saving save it really was.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes the Michel save they showed on the highlights was brilliant - I hadn't realised at the time what a match saving save it really was.

The Huddersfield goalies save was better than that , Davies had curled the ball perfectly and it was heading into the top left corner until the goalie somehow turned it away. That was a match saving save.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agreed
The Huddersfield goalies save was better than that , Davies had curled the ball perfectly and it was heading into the top left corner until the goalie somehow turned it away. That was a match saving save.

Was that actually an attempted shot? Looked like a cross come shot to me :D. And Kuipers saved brilliantly from a corner in the second half don't forget :drool:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agreed

Was that actually an attempted shot? Looked like a cross come shot to me :D. And Kuipers saved brilliantly from a corner in the second half don't forget :drool:

Difficult to tell with Davies , if it was a cross , nobody was going to connect with it , if it was a shot it must be have been a fluke it didn't go in as it was inch perfect until the goalie got a hand to it.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Was a good save but I'd argue it was one which you would more expect a keeper to make, since he did have time to see it coming, it didn't seem quite as instinctive as Kuipers'.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
OK, two things:

1. Stripey backs, Huddersfield sported a nice football shirt there, complete with stripes on the front and back, that is what we should have next.

2. Colour clashes? So, no problem with colour clashes in Yorkshire then? Even though 'Udders play in blue and white stripes, our Yellow and Navy kit was more than acceptable and significantly different fomr theirs. The refs for the other three games (Shrews, Millwall and Leicester) really do need glasses

Arong692

Oct 2, 2008
how much info does that commentator want to get wrong in one game!

1. He says there are 2,500 brighton fans there!

2. He says owusu is on loan from yeovil

3. For our last goal he says el-abd takes the thrown in wen im sure it was whing

some comentators should really look into teams more before games!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Arong, he commentates on all the games. He wasn't there, he just reads from a script. :thumbsup: It was bloody ridiculous though..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
how much info does that commentator want to get wrong in one game!

1. He says there are 2,500 brighton fans there!

2. He says owusu is on loan from yeovil

3. For our last goal he says el-abd takes the thrown in wen im sure it was whing

some comentators should really look into teams more before games!

It certainly wasn't El Abd as he never came on!

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Really good day out at Huddersfield, im still not convinced by the ground commentator at Huddersfield saying was 1200 Brighton fans, i swear was more than that, 2500 no way, but i thought more like 1800-2000.
Was well worth the journey again, i was a bit nervous before hand as we put up a really good battling performance vs Bristol Rovers, another really good game that i think we deserved to win.
Ive also been quite impressed with Andrews in these last 2 games at least, i thought helped us get over the big loss of Hart who was superb vs Bristol Rovers.
I still think that our central midfield paring of Fraser and Loft is too much like a conference Midfield, but im happy with our defence - but has times of shutting off, and Kuipers has been amazing for us throughout his whole career.
Im keeping fingers crossed for Saturday, going to be nerve wrecking watching that game, as we have put in the hard work in last 6 games to give ourselves a chance of staying up and if we fail now be total disaster.
Come on boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here