Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield £100 season tickets for the Premier League...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yep no point in ever doing anything for anyone you don't have to. Never thank anyone for a Christmas present, they've given it to you already so what difference will it make. The prices of all commodities should be governed solely by market forces.

Don't get too upset when Corbyn loses :wink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
4500 according to the well informed Huddersfield fan on the radio earlier.

So only a quarter or so of their STH will qualify, for the £99 saving, and the entire grand gesture is costing them £450,000?

He seems a really decent sort, the Hudds chairman, and this was a nice thing to do, but I BET he ends up wishing he hadn't bothered. I can 100% guarantee the outcome on here if we'd done something similar, and it would have resulted in the biggest whiney bitchfest this forum has ever witnessed.

Why that season and not the one after? waaah
I had a ST at Gillingham, but not in the last year at Withdean. I deserve this more. Waaah
I'm an U21 so the £100 price means I get a smaller reduction. That isn't fair! Waaah
I'm just a miserable *******, is this where I sign up to have a pop at the club I pretend to support?

etc

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I didn't hear that mentioned, only that 4500 qualified for the £100 ticket.

So, 4.5k will get a reduction, small to the club that will now get 170 mill in Sky revenue. It keeps those 4.5k happy and loving Udders and everyone is happy. The club lose nothing, the fans are happy. I think it's a great touch from the club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, 4.5k will get a reduction, small to the club that will now get 170 mill in Sky revenue. It keeps those 4.5k happy and loving Udders and everyone is happy. The club lose nothing, the fans are happy. I think it's a great touch from the club.

Naïve.

It will be good PR for the club to the outside world, but almost certain to prove counter-productive. Effectively 4,500 already totally loyal fans have been given a £99 gift that they didn't need (to 'buy' their loyalty), whilst an uncounted number of others will feel aggrieved / slighted / unfairly treated.

Sure as eggs.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Naïve.

It will be good PR for the club to the outside world, but almost certain to prove counter-productive. Effectively 4,500 already totally loyal fans have been given a £99 gift that they didn't need (to 'buy' their loyalty), whilst an uncounted number of others will feel aggrieved / slighted / unfairly treated.

Sure as eggs.

But it's a good point for the 'Uber' supporter, could you imagine NSC? :laugh:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
4500 according to the well informed Huddersfield fan on the radio earlier.

That's a pretty good figure. I admire supporters of teams like Town. Given all the 'massive' clubs in the area. Far from 'tinpot'.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So only a quarter or so of their STH will qualify, for the £99 saving, and the entire grand gesture is costing them £450,000?

He seems a really decent sort, the Hudds chairman, and this was a nice thing to do, but I BET he ends up wishing he hadn't bothered. I can 100% guarantee the outcome on here if we'd done something similar, and it would have resulted in the biggest whiney bitchfest this forum has ever witnessed.

Why that season and not the one after? waaah
I had a ST at Gillingham, but not in the last year at Withdean. I deserve this more. Waaah
I'm an U21 so the £100 price means I get a smaller reduction. That isn't fair! Waaah
I'm just a miserable *******, is this where I sign up to have a pop at the club I pretend to support?

etc

Indeed. You only need to look at the knobery on the waiting list thread !

Last edited:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Why should they? We have a waiting list to watch our team. We also have tickets IRO £500, which is very cheap at PL level. Take note of what? A club that needs to put bums on seats? Nah.

I think it's more about someone trying to make an effort to bring the price of football down and not alienate the fans rather than needing to put bums on seats. Some people just won't afford it. If our trip through Barnsley, Yorkshire (I know, not the same place) this season was anything to go by then this is a great offer to the local community.

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 12.24.48.png

You
^ Feb 2016

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think it's more about someone trying to make an effort to bring the price of football down, which frankly is spiralling out of control. Some people just can't afford it. If our trip through Barnsley, Yorkshire this season was anything to go by then this is a great offer to the local, working family which I'm sure will we greatly appreciated.

View attachment 85859

^ Feb 2016

Disgusting amount of money. That is the price of one person having a week in the Costas. But making a quantitative easing of home prices allows those true supporters to travel.I stick with it being a good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here