Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HTFC Fan

htfc14

Nov 15, 2012
Hi All,

I'm a Huddersfield fan and I've recently started running a HTFC fans site.

I was wondering if anyone would like to contribute to the site, only a short piece which highlights your main danger men and what we can expect from your side.

Or if not, just post your comments below and I'll fix them all together.

Looking forward to what should be a cracking match on Saturday. Seems like in this league you win one and then lose one, so who knows.

In case you hadn't heard, our Chairman has been singing your praises this week, saying we should follow your example, high praise indeed!

Hope one of you would like to contribute.

Cheers, Joe. :)

htfc14

Nov 15, 2012
HTFCfans.co.uk

Web is currently under design under another template, after which the url will be changing to HTFCfans.co.uk

Always nice to have a different set of fans' perspectives.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would like to contribute to the site, only a short piece which highlights your main danger men and what we can expect from your side.

Looking forward to what should be a cracking match on Saturday. Seems like in this league you win one and then lose one, so who knows.

In case you hadn't heard, our Chairman has been singing your praises this week, saying we should follow your example, high praise indeed!

No relation of Jamie are you?

Read this Joe.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Brighton: Stand out players

CMS, bags of energy, he doesn't stop running and will chase down every ball, class finishing so far this season, our top goal scorer.

Will Buckley, one of the quickest players in the league. He'll punt the ball 5 yards past the defender take it to a crossing position and cut inside and create. His blistering pace is his specialty.

Bridcutt, tiny defensive midfielder, he's about 5ft6 but will still end up beating most players to a header, his positioning is very good, he'll cut out a lot of your attacks.

Bruno Saltor, possibly the best right back in the league, signed from Valencia. He likes to get forward and attack but also very good defensively, skillful player, you'll find it hard to get past him.

Kuzszack, Best keeper we've had in years, I don't know how an earth we've got him! But we're very lucky!

Other key players, Orlandi, Crofts, Barnes, LuaLua and Dobbie.

Injuries, Wayne Bridge and El Abd are hopeful but may not be included.

Vicente- never features.

I'm more worried of how we'll keep Beckford quiet.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Took you boys long enough to get promoted but was delighted when you finally made it. Good luck for the season...except for Saturday of course :)

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
Hi All,

Are you sure you're not really Simon Grayson, who having wanted to watch Eastenders instead couldn't be arsed to watch any Albion videos to suss out our team ???

htfc14

Nov 15, 2012
Thanks for your contributions so far guys.

If anyone would like to answer these questions it'd be greatly appreciated. I'll put your name to them if you want, and link to this site and your Twitter.

Who has been your standout performer so far this year?

Who's been the best summer signing?

What style of football should we expect?

How do you rate Poyet's achievements since you got promoted from League 1?

What are your ambitions for this season?

Have you got any injuries prior to Saturday's game?

What do you know about Huddersfield's team, and what are you most wary of this Saturday?

And finally, what score do you think it will be?

Thanks a lot! I wish you all the best of luck, not including Saturday obviously! Hopefully when we come to your new ground we'll both be sitting pretty in the playoffs!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If we score first we won't lose, if you score first we won't win (66 odd since)

Can you remind me why I did a 0-1 away win on a cold Tuesday night at your old place about 20 odd years ago!?

If anyone would like to answer these questions it'd be greatly appreciated. I'll put your name to them if you want, and link to this site and your Twitter.

Craig Mckail Smith - Last season he merely looked enthusiatic, ran everywhere but didn't get the goals to justify his price tag. This season confidence is high and looks like the player we all wanted.

Hard one...I'm going to plump for Kuzszack in goal. We were in dire need of a keeper last season and Kuzszack has already spared our blushes this season and won us points. A notable mention must be made to Wayne Bridge and Bruno Salter who have been great signings.

Passing...lots of it. It's the poyet way.

Great, after years of decline Poyet has turned us around. We're on a journey to the Premier league. For some they want it to be tomorrow, but Gus has done a great job in our quest so far bringing in some players we could have only dreamt of a few years back.

To be in with a shot of the play-offs by the end of the season showing an improvement to last years 10th position.

Wayne Bridge is a doubt and will be sorely missed if he cant play.
Vicente has been out all season and as the divisions best player (by a country mile - if last year was anything to go by) he's been really missed in that premier league quality we sometime miss.

What do you know about Huddersfield's team, and what are you most wary of this Saturday?
Bit nervous of Church and Beckford and we know Scannell...once Palace scum, always Palace scum.

Will be close...a goal may edge it, but I'm going with 1-1 which is far better at your place than the 7-1 drubbing of a few years back.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If we score first we won't lose, if you score first we won't win (66 odd since)

and if there's more than one goal in the game, we won't lose (in the league, anyway)

htfc14

Nov 15, 2012
Craig Mckail Smith - Last season he merely looked enthusiatic, ran everywhere but didn't get the goals to justify his price tag. This season confidence is high and looks like the player we all wanted.

Hard one...I'm going to plump for Kuzszack in goal. We were in dire need of a keeper last season and Kuzszack has already spared our blushes this season and won us points. A notable mention must be made to Wayne Bridge and Bruno Salter who have been great signings.

Passing...lots of it. It's the poyet way.

Great, after years of decline Poyet has turned us around. We're on a journey to the Premier league. For some they want it to be tomorrow, but Gus has done a great job in our quest so far bringing in some players we could have only dreamt of a few years back.

To be in with a shot of the play-offs by the end of the season showing an improvement to last years 10th position.

Wayne Bridge is a doubt and will be sorely missed if he cant play.
Vicente has been out all season and as the divisions best player (by a country mile - if last year was anything to go by) he's been really missed in that premier league quality we sometime miss.

Bit nervous of Church and Beckford and we know Scannell...once Palace scum, always Palace scum.

Will be close...a goal may edge it, but I'm going with 1-1 which is far better at your place than the 7-1 drubbing of a few years back.

Thanks very much mate, going to use that on the site. You got a Twitter account? I can link it to you if you want, and I'll make sure I mention to forum.

Good luck Saturday!

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012

Our right back Bruno has been outstanding in attack and defence.
The three that stand out are Bruno, Bridge and Kuczszak. Premier league class.
We'll try and stop you from getting a kick. Pass, pass, pass, pass.....etc
Good solid first season in the Championship, strenthened the team in the summer. We're improving.
To improve on last season's 10th place finish
El-Abd and Bridge doubtful. Vicente is out.
Not a lot. Novak seems to score fairly regularly and Beckford is a good striker. Other than that, I'm struggling.
It won't be 7-1. 1-1 possibly

Thanks a lot! I wish you all the best of luck, not including Saturday obviously! Hopefully when we come to your new ground we'll both be sitting pretty in the playoffs!
There you go.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

Ryan Harley, strong in Midfield fast and can bag a goal or two.

Andrea Orlandi out of all of them although Dobbie more than capable if he can get his fitness and speed up.

Who knows! One striker, pass it about a lot, loads of shots and corners but not much else!

Not too shabby.

Play offs or just outside.

Yes.

Not to sure but heard they pass the ball backwards between their legs a lot using both hands!

Hard to call. 2-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here