Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] HRH Prince Philip has died

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A lifetime of service in the Royal Navy and to the Queen. Many didn't understand him but he was always true to himself.

My Dad served with him in the Med in the early 50s and always spoke well of him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was coming, I guess - hardly a surprise. Still, 99 is a good innings. The poor Queen will be bereft - they were married for over 70 years. RIP.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm sad to hear this - much sadder than I thought I would be. Maybe it is because of the 'Crown effect' and the fact there was a documentary on only last night showing him and the Queen as young parents.

As others have said, the man gave a life of service to his country and the Queen. Rest in peace.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
RIP Sir, a true legend.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
For Queen and Country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
RIP, great innings. Thoughts are with the Queen especially...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was coming, I guess - hardly a surprise. Still, 99 is a good innings. The poor Queen will be bereft - they were married for over 70 years. RIP.

It was to radio 5. Never heard such a shambles :facepalm:. First Adrian Chiles makes the announcement, and there is silence. Then he starts reading something handed to him about the history of the prince, then he's interrupted by an announcement by someone else that the prince has died. Then the national anthem is played. Then someone else announces that the prince has died. I found it rather disrespectful. I have now turned the radio off, as the various talking heads have now got into their stride :facepalm:

RIP, old fellah.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seen a huge amount of change in his lifetime.

Have to say - towards the end it didn't look like it could be much fun for him, so hopefully it is a release, if he was suffering.

Interesting point, he witnessed everything from the 1920's to the computer age. Incredible, as it is for all folk of that generation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Philip, a life well lived, you will be missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here