Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoyte

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
whing was our best player last year

He wasnt by any stretch of the imagination but was voted as such by many fans who voted for him for making tackles to cover his own mistakes in the first place. When Hoyte arrived he was head and shoulders above Whing in ability but went downhill after his sending off. He is still, even with his recent performance against Orient, far better than Whing who is now about 4th choice at right back behind El Abd, Hoyte and Bennett as a wing back. It is debatable whether Cook or Virgo are in front of him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hoyte is due to have talks with the club today about staying until the end of the season.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I don't go with all this 'Hoyte is total crap' nonsense. OK, he's not perfect and has made mistakes, but who hasn't in our team this season? If he can play alongside an experienced, organising centre-half instead of the likes of Elphick he may well improve. Although Whing is a committed player he has been awful whenever I've seen him this season. The player of the season award for last year had more of a 'who was our least crap player this year?' feel to it.

It seems that certain players earn the 'right' to be in the team according to their commitment and whoever dares to replace them is automatically crap. Fortunately Gus seems to have sussed that Whing and Kuipers aren't really that good and is trying to replace them with better players.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I agree about Hoyte....he's nothing special...BUT Poyet must think he's ok as he has prefered him to Whing. If hed thought that Whing was,or is, a better right back then he would have played him. Frankly they are about the same ..AVERAGE.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Albion close in on duo From The Argus)

Oh dear, with this and the rumour about Fleck, it sounds as though we may well be relying on loans yet again.

Isnt this the problem with the transfer window in January ?... very few clubs are willing to sell now. Loan players out sure, and they can always be recalled if needed. And also its possible that our chairman has spent enough this year !!!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Isnt this the problem with the transfer window in January ?... very few clubs are willing to sell now. Loan players out sure, and they can always be recalled if needed. And also its possible that our chairman has spent enough this year !!!

Agree with you as to is Bloom going to stump up a decent pot for this window but if you look at the number of players who aren't getting a look in for us and we'd be prepared to let get for nothing or very little (assuming this is the case for the likes of McLeod, Hawkins etc...) then the same must be happening at loads of clubs above us. My problem with loans is that how much have we spent on the wages of Thornhill/Davies already this year ? and they gave us nothing back and that outlay is down the pan now that they have gone back.

Whatever cash we do have or whatever we can free up by shipping out a few I would much prefer to be spent on experienced permanent deals.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Agree with you as to is Bloom going to stump up a decent pot for this window but if you look at the number of players who aren't getting a look in for us and we'd be prepared to let get for nothing or very little (assuming this is the case for the likes of McLeod, Hawkins etc...) then the same must be happening at loads of clubs above us. My problem with loans is that how much have we spent on the wages of Thornhill/Davies already this year ? and they gave us nothing back and that outlay is down the pan now that they have gone back.

Whatever cash we do have or whatever we can free up by shipping out a few I would much prefer to be spent on experienced permanent deals.

And totally agree with you...if they are out there of course it would be better!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Whing was great last season because everyone else was bloody shite.I would like to see whing depart the club with many others.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here