Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it wrong that I find Howard Webb oddly attractive? :ohmy:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Fully deserved - best ref around at the moment.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Great news.

I should know this, but who was the English ref in the 70s/80s, an Argentina or Brazil game I think, who blew for full-time just after one team had a corner in the air (which they duly scored from)?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great news.

I should know this, but who was the English ref in the 70s/80s, an Argentina or Brazil game I think, who blew for full-time just after one team had a corner in the air (which they duly scored from)?

That was Clive Thomas, but he wasn't English - he came from Treorchy in the Rhondda

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Good luck to him and his assistants, all been extremely good this WC

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
well done mate

Is he actually your 'mate'?

I once knew a person who knew Robbie Mustoe so i classed him as a mates mate but as for having a mate called Howard must go down as legendary status but even more so if its Howard Webb.
I still think him and Jap Stam are related tho.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I actually think the standard of refs and linesmen in these finals has been bloody good - best I can remember (those dozy Uruguayans and the officials in the Argentina/Mexico game apart).

The standard of the offsides decision making has been bloomin' good. There are some exceptions of course - but that is a difficult task.

I would make all football pundits and commentators have a go at running the line for a few games and let know how difficult it is these days.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Correct decision - best ref in the world currently.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Big year for him personally - Champions League Final and World Cup Final. A very good ref, a new Collina in the making I feel.

The only thing that annoys me is how the commentators, who slate every decision he makes in Premier League games because its cool to do so now say how brilliant he is at the world cup?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here