Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Howard offers no apology to Muslims

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Had fine example of racism over the weekend, granted it wasn't here though. I was in Abu Dhabi and my as my girlfriend is a devout Catholic we went to Mass. As it is we finished and came out to wait for a taxi to take us back to our hotel.

We were passed by about a dozen taxis each with no fare even though it was clearly obvious that we and several others were waving them down.

There was a reason, most of that cab drivers there are Pakistanis. The driver who eventually picked us up was an Arab. We asked him and he said that Pakistanis won't pack up Christians.

Okay we were in a Muslem country but am I sympathetic ? No, I have to agree 100% John Howard, when in Rome etc.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps they should all be made to watch Wolf Creek to see how Aussies treat women

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
El Presidente said:
Perhaps they should all be made to watch Wolf Creek to see how Aussies treat women

No doubt you have some outstanding examples of this in your 'educational films' collection too :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
bhaexpress said:
No doubt you have some outstanding examples of this in your 'educational films' collection too :lolol:

Absolutely, I have some great evidence of people putting the WOOD in Bollywood:ohmy:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
El Presidente said:
Absolutely, I have some great evidence of people putting the WOOD in Bollywood:ohmy:

You say that but I am sure most Asians would say that you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm sure they're all works of great timbre though.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think all muslims going to Australia should be made to observe and emulate Steve Irwin. How cool would that be?

pic_steve_irwin.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rangdo said:
I think all muslims going to Australia should be made to observe and emulate Steve Irwin. How cool would that be?

pic_steve_irwin.jpg

What would they call it ? The Popodom Hunter ?

Dandyman

In London village.
AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
John Howard sparked a backlash in some sections of Australia's Muslim community by saying on talk-back radio yesterday that Muslim migrants needed to conform to Australian values by learning English and treating women with respect

full article here

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/howard-offers-no-apology-to-muslims/2006/09/01/1156817077523.html

Discuss..

It seems some Aussies think Howard could treat women with some respect...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/opini...-lost-to-howard/2006/08/23/1156012606746.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here