Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Howard Kendall RIP

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Always a shame that side with Gray, Reid, Southall, Heath etc didn't get a chance in the European Cup through no fault of theirs.

So hard to take being banned from Europe through events out of their hands
Had a lot of respect for that Everton era
Kendall and his team were grafters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I remember him playing for Preston North End in the 1964 cup final, at that time he was the youngest player ever to appear in a Wembley final, aged just 17.
That was a fantastic Everton side.

He wasn't the youngest, although at the time that's what most people thought.

And yes, what a superb Everton team, so many skilful players. Played in a style that was a joy to watch.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He wasn't the youngest, although at the time that's what most people thought.

James Princep from years before. The record has been broken since.

[PEDANT ALERT] That's not right. Prinsep was the youngest player to play in a cup final but bobby baxter said the "youngest in a Wembley final". And, at the time, he was. It's been broken twice since, by Paul Allen and Curtis Weston. Prinsep's final was at Kennington Oval

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
[PEDANT ALERT] That's not right. Prinsep was the youngest player to play in a cup final but bobby baxter said the "youngest in a Wembley final". And, at the time, he was. It's been broken twice since, by Paul Allen and Curtis Weston. Prinsep's final was at Kennington Oval

Corr, blimey! You're right. I must be going blind in my old age. Back to school for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here