Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you summarise your feelings towards Bournemouth's success?

How would you summarise your feelings towards Bournemouth's success?

• Respectful - well done them

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Annoyed - FFP my arse

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Envious - why isn't that us?

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Happy - good to see the little clubs do well

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Indifferent - meh

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Something else - please state

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
My feelings are they, along with several others in or around the top six not on parachute payments have completely shown our leadership up for the incompetence it deserves to be labelled. Far too much distraction in off the field matters and ridiculously poor management around the squad.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Stupid ****ing bands playing outside, announcing the away attendance numbers (and tossers clapping them), whilst the likes of Bmouth just get on with building a side to win football matches. I hate what we are becoming.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Respectful and envious here too.

What annoys me more is seeing how they mirror palace in the sense that their team has gelled, they play for each other and as a unit. Compare that to our lot who appear to be in it for themselves and don't give a shit. The one thing about the squad we had with Navarro, Sparrow etc in our first season at the Amex was a similar feel of a team.

That's where I think our failings also come from. We need a team that knows one another.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GreersElbow;6881690 . We need a team that knows one another.[/QUOTE said:
Not selling off all your best players as fast as you can would be a good starting point. The apologists will tell you we had no choice but fail to explain how the Burnleys and the Bournemouths of this world don't seem to have the same problem and they are both much smaller clubs than us in terms of revenue. Keeping some of your best players is a no brainer if you want to progress isn't it??

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm a bit envious TBH particularly since we got so near but so far and then somehow have managed to completely throw everything that was good away.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Good luck to Bournemouth. They've worked hard, found a formula that works for them and it might just launch them into the PL. It would be good to see them (and Brentford) eclipse several of the more fancied clubs that enjoy parachute money.

There's no point in being envious - we had our chances over the last couple of seasons and blew it.

We did well to make the play offs under Oscar Garcia. However there were no excuses under Poyet, when we were the form side - but capitulated. So any significant feelings I have are towards Poyet, and not against another Club for showing us the way.

IMO we should be magnanimous towards Bournemouth. But at the same time question our own Club for losing all the wonderful momentum built up over the last 3 seasons.

I do think Tony Bloom deserves to see The Albion in the PL at some point, and love to think we could consolidate......however my gut feeling is that it would be a rollercoaster ride. I know we've had some respectable results against PL opposition but we no longer have enough quality in the squad and I don't really want us to be cannon fodder every week.

I can recall the euphoria after promotion to Div. 1 in '79 when we were arguably stronger candidates for promotion but the fight for survival over the following few seasons wasn't much fun. So it would be interesting to see how Bournemouth get on if they go up.

There is a lot to be said for enjoying decent footie around the top of the Championship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Someone who can make a 40k a week signing comply with FFP on 10k gates

Paid for by Sky TV money apparently. Quite a few of their games are now on Sky, so this is a possibility and if true a very well thought out one. Spending earnings on the team, what a novel idea :smile:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I like to think of them as our little poor unfortunate neighbours who should always be below us, not anymore! So I can do, Respectful, annoyed, envious and happy which sort of equals meh

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Sorry guys, but this is laughable, we passed FFP, 3\4 of our team played in league one and a couple have been here since league2, we received 6 million from the lallana deal 3 million for Grabban more than covering our transfer fees as well as a large chuck of wages, also a good couple of cup runs and about 10 sky appearances as well as the 10k crowds that you only seem to mention. And don't forget your crowds are massively over exaggerated whilst we are the opposite and do not count people who are not there even if the seat has been paid for, 90% of our home games this season have been "sold out" despite the figures not showing this, just because you didn't re invest your transfer money doesn't mean we are cheating, it means you have tight owners, its a shame tonight isn't a promotion battle, would be good for football on the south coast.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't have any issue with them.

They do seem to get too many dodgy decisions in their favour though. One day that will change.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Sorry guys, but this is laughable, we passed FFP, 3\4 of our team played in league one and a couple have been here since league2, we received 6 million from the lallana deal 3 million for Grabban more than covering our transfer fees as well as a large chuck of wages, also a good couple of cup runs and about 10 sky appearances as well as the 10k crowds that you only seem to mention. And don't forget your crowds are massively over exaggerated whilst we are the opposite and do not count people who are not there even if the seat has been paid for, 90% of our home games this season have been "sold out" despite the figures not showing this, just because you didn't re invest your transfer money doesn't mean we are cheating, it means you have tight owners, its a shame tonight isn't a promotion battle, would be good for football on the south coast.

Yep so tight he invested £200+million in the club, so how does that compare with what yours have invested?

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Yep so tight he invested £200+million in the club, so how does that compare with what yours have invested?

I don't know the figures but he hasn't been here too long, and every aspect of the club has been improved and believe me he is waiting for the green light to spend money, I wasn't knocking your owners, your facilities are second to none I was more thinking of the ulloa money and what could have been spent on your team this season,

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Pity this guy hasn't bothered to pick up on the general tone to this thread (and associated poll) - many giving respect to Bournemouth and rightly questioning our own Club's approach over the last season or so. Ho hum, there's always one.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Pity this guy hasn't bothered to pick up on the general tone to this thread (and associated poll) - many giving respect to Bournemouth and rightly questioning our own Club's approach over the last season or so. Ho hum, there's always one.

Very argumentative on here, read through the thread and you will see a lot of negativity, I'm not saying you should all be over the moon as obviously it's not your club or town, just don't understand the FFP stuff when we are just fine on that side of things, also Eddie howe didn't fail at Burnley he built the team and signed the players who got promoted shortly after, but relocated back here (home) when his mother passed away to be closer to his family.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know the figures but he hasn't been here too long, and every aspect of the club has been improved and believe me he is waiting for the green light to spend money, I wasn't knocking your owners, your facilities are second to none I was more thinking of the ulloa money and what could have been spent on your team this season,

As a lot of player monies are paid in instalments, we probably haven't got the Ulloa money yet. We did sack the Director of Football because of the dire recruitment of players some of whom are probably earning the same as yours.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
As a lot of player monies are paid in instalments, we probably haven't got the Ulloa money yet. We did sack the Director of Football because of the dire recruitment of players some of whom are probably earning the same as yours.

Yer good point, just bringing chris ogrady in to replace ulloa just seems underwhelming. Whereas we sold Grabban and brought WIlson and I think everyone agreed that was an instant improvement with a handy 800k change

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here