Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion?

How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion

• Bring it on, Champion’s League and Top Four here we come

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • I’d walk away

Votes: 78 25.1%
  • I wouldn’t be impressed but I am an Albion fan for life

Votes: 77 24.8%
  • I’d give it a go and decide after a season or two

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • I’d be gutted and don’t know

Votes: 128 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That ad with the Hartlepool fan is quite funny starts of with I support a proper club all these PL millions is ruining football, then his mate or something tells him a Saudi prince has just took over club and he starts singing and dancing dreaming of winning the champions league 🤣

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Apartheid states would normally be more than just a concern
Haha, knew that would draw a comment. I am not going to argue politics as you well know that if comparing states in that area there is a lot of controversy everywhere. And anyway, concern means relating to a matter of importance. I stand by my comment.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Depends on the country. If it were Saudi then I would not associate myself with the club. There are more important things than football.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I would still support the Albion, but would return my season ticket and focus on watching football local to me, I'd always look for the Albion result.

This.

But 'support' meaning looking out for results, not spending any money on the club.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I guess when we're doing so well, we need to conjure up some theoretical catastrophe to get us annoyed at the club we support for absolutely NO reason.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_7838.jpeg

Buy myself a new club hat n scarf

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That next takeover could be attendance- and supporting-defining...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If was a Middle Eastern country I’d walk away and support my local non league side.

If it was Israeli I’d walk away and start supporting Palace
Imagine if he had to sell, and the choice was Israel or an Arab country, Tony would be far more likely to be chatting to Israel. Won't happen though so not worth worrying about.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Israel as a parliamentary democracy (excluding Palestinians) is very very unlikely to invest in a football club. It would be An Israeli Tycoon.
The monarchies are buying football clubs for their own good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd walk away, as I'm sure a number of others would. Just as I'm sure a number of Geordies did. Sadly tho, a far greater number wouldn't, would just jump around like idiots at the fresh input of obscene amounts of money, without giving much of a shit where it came from

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
We are so lucky to be owned by Bloom, not only is he rich, local and cares deeply about the club, but hes F****ing good at it.

Sadly, it's unlikely won't hold onto it for life - as much as I like to hope otherwise (at least while he's doing a stella job). Chances are we'll be sold or partially sold to richer owners at some point. But I sleep safe in the knowledge that Bloom will do whatever is right for the club and so far his decision making has been nearly flawless (Hyppia what?). Hypothetically though, I'm not sure what kind of owner I'd prefer (other than the obvious repeat of a rich flawless local)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Difficult having watched the Albion since I was 12. Have very little time for the PL in general and have not been happy with many of changes at Albion since we became part of it. I feel a bit addicted to following Albion and perhaps I end up accepting everything because one feels we are not only supporting the Albion but Tony Bloom as well . Certainly if we had say a faceless American owner who was charging my uncle £25 to retain his card and £2.50 to print a ticket I would be calling them greedy bastards and it would maybe not need much to walk away.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I'd like to think that given our history not only as a club but also as fans, we would resist the notion of any oil rich medieval state taking over the club instead of acting like Newcastle fans and bending over and taking it up the metaphorical bumhole.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sadly, it's unlikely won't hold onto it for life - as much as I like to hope otherwise (at least while he's doing a stella job). Chances are we'll be sold or partially sold to richer owners at some point.
Why do you believe this to be the case? Tony has already stated he intends for his son to own the club one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here