Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion?

How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion

• Bring it on, Champion’s League and Top Four here we come

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • I’d walk away

Votes: 78 25.1%
  • I wouldn’t be impressed but I am an Albion fan for life

Votes: 77 24.8%
  • I’d give it a go and decide after a season or two

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • I’d be gutted and don’t know

Votes: 128 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

How would you react if a Middle Eastern country took over the Albion?

As it wouldn't be too far away, I'd probably try and get a job with them.

It could be helpful for NSC to have an insider.

(We've had one before on here...)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Language is important.
I'm at a loss to understand what language was incorrect.

Such care to distinguish is not so critically examined (in general, not referring to you) when talking about all other countries/regimes. I understand why, but it is not acceptable.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I'm at a loss to understand what language was incorrect.

Such care to distinguish is not so critically examined (in general, not referring to you) when talking about all other countries/regimes. I understand why, but it is not acceptable.
You come across as very prejudiced.

Attempting to link Saudi Arabia with Israel is nonsensical and ignorant .

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You can be opening gay in Isreal & participate in Gay Pride events. Tells something about some of the differences.
Apologies, I didnt realise that this theoretical thread about your reaction to an extremely unlikely takeover of the club by a middle eastern state was based on sexual orientation alone.

Discussing who's less evil between the countries being mentioned in this region is similar to an argument over the worst serial killer. Pointless really.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Apologies, I didnt realise that this theoretical thread about your reaction to an extremely unlikely takeover of the club by a middle eastern state was based on sexual orientation alone.

Discussing who's less evil between the countries being mentioned in this region is similar to an argument over the worst serial killer. Pointless really.
Who said it was based on sexual orientation alone, for goodness sake? I was just making a simple & relevant point (to me at least; so, apologies), maybe a little isolated from the other, the bigger issues surrounding it but still quite important I think. There are many countries in this world to which I will never travel for possible implications to my wellbeing & also potentially to my life itself (but then I guess that's true for most of us to some extent & some people may have a longer list than others) but Isreal is not one of them as far as I'm concerned. That's not the same as saying I think Isreal is a faultless state - I don't believe that for a second, & Isreal may not even be a particularly pleasant place to be openly gay - & I don't have any plans to visit any time soon. But then there are times when Cardiff is not the nicest place to be gay either.

Incidentally, sexual identity is not the be all & end all of how I see myself in this world, but some things are clearly going to be more pertinent to some people than others, & that's understandable, I think.

I don't think respectful debate & critical thinking in general are ever 'pointless', for what that's worth, even on a football forum.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Who said it was based on sexual orientation alone, for goodness sake? I was just making a simple & relevant point (to me at least; so, apologies), maybe a little isolated from the other, the bigger issues surrounding it but still quite important I think. There are many countries in this world to which I will never travel for possible implications to my wellbeing & also potentially to my life itself (but then I guess that's true for most of us to some extent & some people may have a longer list than others) but Isreal is not one of them as far as I'm concerned. That's not the same as saying I think Isreal is a faultless state - I don't believe that for a second, & Isreal may not even be a particularly pleasant place to be openly gay - & I don't have any plans to visit any time soon. But then there are times when Cardiff is not the nicest place to be gay either.

Incidentally, sexual identity is not the be all & end all of how I see myself in this world, but some things are clearly going to be more pertinent to some people than others, & that's understandable, I think.

I don't think respectful debate & critical thinking in general are ever 'pointless', for what that's worth, even on a football forum.
This ^
All of it

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

You. Not read the rest.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’d love to say how I’d walk away, but I can’t. And most of you are lying to yourselves if you say you can.

I can still watch my team and have my opinion on the ownership. Maybe my enjoyment changes in some way, but I could never give Brighton up.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Depends which Middle Eastern country we're talking about. If it was Saudi I wouldn't be going to games anyone, I'd find something else local.

I would still follow them but it wouldn't be the same.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I’d love to say how I’d walk away, but I can’t. And most of you are lying to yourselves if you say you can.

I can still watch my team and have my opinion on the ownership. Maybe my enjoyment changes in some way, but I could never give Brighton up.
Some would take a moral stance - no problem.

Some would say the only difference is a change of personnel at board level - technically correct.

It would not be as easy as switching your preferred tabs for example if B&H went all woke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here