Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you feel about us poaching another team's manager?

Would you be OK with us poaching another club's manager?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't believe GP was poached ( nor the team he brought with him ) they are all part of the same deal and the club gave GP permission to speak to Chelsea. Bruno and Roberts were absolutely poached - either by Chelsea or more likely GP himself. There should be a clause in all managers contracts saying they are not allowed to recruit or even entice away any staff member for at least six months after leaving - it's pretty standard in many businesses.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Yes providing its done in the right way.
None of this manager resigning if other club say we can't speak to their manager.

If we approach another club and go through the correct channels that`s our business . If the other club refuse their manager permission to speak to us and he chooses to resign that`s their fault and his business .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some comments are downright dumb. You can't stop people changing jobs. If the contract that has been reported is to be believed there's no way Potter would have turned them down and I suspect that the rest of the coaching team have also had massive boosts to their earnings. It's life, especially in the world of football.

I suspect that TB and PB knew Chelsea were coming for GP even before Tuchel was sacked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Most of us were outraged by Chelsea poaching Potter early season
Really? Have you done a poll on that? I'm gutted that we've lost our manager, and I don't like the way football is due to corruption and FFP rules being ignored, but I'm not outraged that another club wanted our manager, just as I haven't been outraged that they buy our players too.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Most of us were outraged by Chelsea poaching Potter early season so would you be OK with us doing the same to another club?

Yes, I am a hypocrite as I can't think of an out of work manager I'd want here - no not even Poch

Let's go spread some of the angst to another club :wink:

Or do you think we should just be nice and honourable and go for an out of work manager

There can only be two options can't there but I'll add one in case I've missed it.

I think the outrage is more because they've also poached almost all of our coaching staff.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The die is cast.... we need to do everything we can to survive at this level before another parasite team comes in to strip our best players away in January.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
We’ve been left no real choice, we have to replace Potter asap. Chelsea are the ones who are out of order doing this, at this stage of the season and the effect will be felt through several clubs, as each one is forced to find a quick replacement at short notice. Losing a manager in these circumstances is worst than losing your best player. The transfer window should be extended to managers and coaches IMHO.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This question's a good one and makes hypocrites of all of us. The only defence is that the club has been forced into this position by Chelsea leaving us high and dry. I'd like to think that in more normal circumstances, we'd make an approach in the close season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I voted no because I don’t consider what Chelsea did to be poaching. Totally legal and above board.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I wouldn't mind us poaching at all, providing permission granted and compensation agreed.

I didn't mind Chelsea poaching Potter - he'd done 3 years which is a decent time. I rage about Potter ripping out our coaching team when he left though.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not guilty at all, if the manager has presented themselves as a club loyalist, a football purist, in it together advocate and then ****s off it’s on them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is by far the most likely outcome.

Hiring a bunch of coaches who doesn't know eachother from here and there.. be asking for trouble.

Presumably Chelsea's incumbents knew each other?

Bjorn and Billy I get. But what did GP know about Chelsea's current keeper coach? Is the bloke who put the cones out for Tuchel as mad as him? I bet you don't even know.

Potter has stripped us bare. So much for your assessment that he's some kind of nice guy anti hero. :rolleyes:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Presumably Chelsea's incumbents knew each other?

Bjorn and Billy I get. But what did GP know about Chelsea's current keeper coach? Is the bloke who put the cones out for Tuchel as mad as him? I bet you don't even know.

Potter has stripped us bare. So much for your assessment that he's some kind of nice guy anti hero. :rolleyes:

They all decided to go. They could have said no :shrug:

The next bloke Brighton hire for the role is likely to bring his team with him. Its how it works. Not like GP gave birth to Billy and Björn either, they both came from somewhere - poached, kind of like the new staff in Brighton that won't be randoms found on the street.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I have the feeling that we are going to have a massive percentage of like minded people :smile:

We can't really have any justification in criticising Chelsea though can we?

You can't blame Chelsea, but though I'm trying hard to be sensible I can't help but feel seriously pissed-off with Potter and Bruno, bailing-out just as we were making progress in this sh*tfest Premier League.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here