Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you feel if we lose to Blackpool?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are in deep trouble if we lose on Saturday, with the following 3 league games being against Forest, Cardiff, and Watford.

If we lose, it's not impossible that we will be bottom going into the next international break.

Knowing the Albion, we could lose to Blackpool and then beat any of the above. Rollercoaster.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We would then go on and beat Cardiff, Forest and Watford.

Id only be worried if we didnt put a performance in. Will be an undeserved 1-0 Blackpool win though, with a Mr Andrea Orlandi getting the goal.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Gutted if this did happen although I am accepting that this season is a new beginning for the club (with almost a completely new squad) and only expect a mid-table finish at best.

Next season I will be expecting more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That it's going to be a long hard season. Sadly I will not be at all surprised if we concede from their first shot on target and struggle to get back into the game and their keeper is MOM. I am though going for 5-0 to the Albion because it is bloody ages since we gave someone a thrashing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I will feel absolutely gutted if we lose.
But realistically I will come to terms with it soon after and realise it's not the most important thing in my life. There are millions of football fans around the world who's teams will lose.

I just hope that we start turning what, by most accounts ,are much better performances into better results. If we lose to Blackpool we will surely then lose to forest - 4 defeats in a row would be hard to take.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Losing to Blackpool should not be an option and I hope that Sami and the players see it that way as well.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be quite funny especially if the goal(s) come from positions where our full backs are out of position and a central midfielder is covering the position yet again.
Don't expect it to happen though

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Even though as someone else said NSC should be given a wide berth if we should lose, it is a fair question the OP has posed.

Blackpool are by far and away the worst team in the division (Fulham have got problems but they are better than bottom) and almost nailed on for relegation even at this early stage. Not even their manager's fault, they just weren't prepared for the season after finishing last season very badly. Eight players or whatever it was the week before, and you know what's coming.

So if Brighton SHOULD lose it would clearly be worrying, a lot more than losing to Ipswich. For a manager elsewhere under more pressure than Hyypia is, such a result would have sacking potential but clearly that isn't relevant here because he's only just started.

So if Brighton did lose I think the way I'd feel is not anything too over the top - but it would confirm to me that play-offs is simply not going to happen this season, and that we have regressed. Which is what I thought at the start.

It's a tougher division than last season 1-24, we are getting the usual 'boom or bust' reaction and attacks on other fans on here after a couple of good/bad results (both equally unhelpful) - but Blackpool are the weakest link.

That said, I'd be very surprised if the Albion didn't win, and win well so hopefully it's nothing but hypothetical speculation ahead of a much-needed three points.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd be disappointed, as I am each time we lose. It won't affect my feelings though, one defeat doesn't change things.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If we lose to Blackpool tomorrow I will reflect further on how far BACKWARDS we have gone as a club since this happy day not much more than one season ago...

Brighton 6 (Buckley 9′ Upson 23′ Orlandi 45′ David Lopez 46′ Barnes 76′, 90′) Blackpool 1 (Hammond 53′ og) .

Brighton
29 Kuszczak (Ankergren - 64' )
03 Greer Booked
14 Calderon
20 Upson
28 Bridge (Bruno - 66' )
04 Hammond
11 Orlandi
21 David Lopez
26 Bridcutt
30 Buckley (LuaLua - 72' )
09 Barnes

Substitutes
16 Ankergren
02 Bruno
06 El-Abd
08 Crofts
15 Vicente
25 LuaLua
19 Ulloa

On the other hand, if we win with good performances from Stockdale, Dunk, Ince, Holla, Tex, KLL, Baldock, Colunga, CMS, etc then I will be happily anticipating another play-off challenge... :)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am going to sit in my seat long after the final whistle, look out for a camera, and cry.

That's the spirit. A sure-fire way of making it into the Football League show.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Depends on the nature of the defeat. A dodgy reffing decision or two and we could be down to 9 men and clinging on for dear life.

I doubt Blackpool are going to arrive and play open and attacking football. We will need to be patient and take any chances that come our way.

Nothing surprises me about the Albion anymore.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
effing gutted..

But I don't think this will happen because we have been proved to be the nicest fans in the Championship and we are not having that! We are going to create an intimidating atmosphere from the start and Blackpool are going to crack!

Come'on the Albion! :albion2:

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
If we lose to Blackpool tomorrow I will reflect further on how far BACKWARDS we have gone as a club since this happy day not much more than one season ago...

Brighton 6 (Buckley 9′ Upson 23′ Orlandi 45′ David Lopez 46′ Barnes 76′, 90′) Blackpool 1 (Hammond 53′ og) .
:)

And Hammonds o.g. the absolute pick of the bunch....diving header...BOSH!
6-0 nil to the albion!!

Anyway, we are the absolute masters at ending struggling sides losing streaks, so with Blackpool having lost 6 from 7 including losing all 4 away games scoring only 1 goal.... I will be thoroughly suspicious that something was wrong if we don't go ahead and let them Win....:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here