Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How will the Boro game play out?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
GG will lash in a 20 yard screamer to get us promoted and to win himself a new contract.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The players come onto the pitch, and all you can hear is ...........
Albion Albion Albion.
After a bit of to and fro, we get the ball...............
Kayla to Knockhaert on the wing, cross comes in, Hemed nods down to Baldock/Wilson to bang in back of Boro's net....1-0

Second half begins, more to and fro ensues.........
I can see a Stephens overhead going into Boro net (aka QPR) 2-0.

Boro reply at end of game with a consolation goal from Rhodes.....2-1.
Final whistle blows, BRIGHTON are PROMOTED to premier league.

Anyway that's how I would like it to go, stranger things have happened. :)

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I'll have a go:

Cup Final feel to it, sun breaking through in the second half as more space appears on the pitch. As far as play is concerned, sedate beginning, very nervy, nothing much happening in the first ten minutes, then Middlesbrough goal from a set-piece. Albion can't really get going, but create a couple of half-chances towards the end of the half, although Boro look dangerous when they venture forward. HT 1-0. Second half starts with a flurry, end to end, but settles down to a stodgy midfield battle for about 10-15 minutes. With about 25 minutes left, Albion bring on a further attacking option. Spaces appear on the pitch as Albion start to dominate possession in the Boro half, but without much penetration in the area. On 82 minutes, Albion break through from a set-piece. Frantic few minutes as Albion try to break through again, only to be caught 3 against 1 in a breakaway. Boro 2-1. Game fizzles out amidst loud Boro fan pandemonium and pictures of sad blue and white painted faces staring mutely into the middle ground. It's a sad ending, I'm afraid.

Sadly, the most plausible one I have read yet.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
- Nervy start from both sides, a lot of keep ball with little real action.
- 43' - GOAL - Hemed from the spot after Knockaert was brought down breaking into the box.
- HALF TIME - No fingernails left to bite.
- 61' - GOAL - Knockaert doubles the Albion's lead with a sublime bit of skill to beat three players, smashing it in from the edge of the box.
- 68' - GOAL - Adoma cuts inside from the wing and lashes the ball into the top right corner with mounting Boro pressure.
- 77' - Boro get the ball in the net but it's ruled out for offside.
- 89' - GOAL - Wilson seals it for Brighton. Breaking fast against the run of play, rounding Konstantopolous to slot home from an acute angle.
FINAL SCORE - Middlesbrough 1-3 Brighton and Hove Albion.
Brighton and Hove Albion promoted to the Premier League.

I may email that too the beeb and sky etc, saves them the hassle of needing to report on the match. :albion2::albion2::albion2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm predicting Kayal and Knocky to be given some rough treatment by Clayton pretty early on. I think that 'boro will be pretty aggressive.

I sense at least one red card (possibly Stephens)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I believe they've been known to sing "you're French and you know you are" at us, so...

nous aller poudre

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I feel sick reading this thread. No idea how I am going to make it through the week.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The rain is lashing down on the Riverside while the rest of the country enjoys sun and temperatures in the low 20s.
The game starts with Boro playing at a slow tempo and happy to keep the ball in their own half by going across the back line and to the keeper. The Albion are wary of pressing so far up field in case they are caught out with a swift counter attack. despite the game producing anything remotely like a shot on goal, the Boro fans are happy with chants of 'we're going up'.
When Boro do venture across the half way line, Albion are solid with two banks of four providing no space for Boro to exploit.
Half Time arrives with the score still 0-0.
The second half follows the same pattern as the 1st half. Then approaching 60 minutes, Albion bring on 3 subs replacing both wide men and the support striker to Hemed.
The Albion then dominate the game creating a couple of golden changes but can't score, then in the 80th minute the Riverside explodes with roars of disbelief as the ref points to the spot after Skalak falls to the ground as if he had been shot as it goes past the Boro fall back. The penalty is held up for 5 minutes due to the dissent shown by the Boro players with 3 being booked. Hemed then steps up and slowly chips the ball down the centre of the goal as the Boro keeper has already dived.
The Albion faithful then go crazy but soon realise that with stoppage time there is still 17 minutes to go.
The game is now transformed as Boro push everyone forward and we fall deeper and deeper. We are throwing bodies at shots to get blocks in and having to defend lots of corners. Then a quick throw from Stockdale releases Knockaert who skips past the 1 Boro defender not in our penalty area and round the keeper to roll the ball in 2-0.
A mass exodus of the Riverside is almost completed in record time, and the only noise in the ground comes from the Albion fans, as the rain stops and a rainbow appears showing a pot of gold in the promised land, well the Premier League.

Due to the amount of celebrating after the game, some fans don't return to Sussex until Wednesday afternoon still in a drunken haze.

And this is my unbiased view

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'll have a go:

Cup Final feel to it, sun breaking through in the second half as more space appears on the pitch. As far as play is concerned, sedate beginning, very nervy, nothing much happening in the first ten minutes, then Middlesbrough goal from a set-piece. Albion can't really get going, but create a couple of half-chances towards the end of the half, although Boro look dangerous when they venture forward. HT 1-0. Second half starts with a flurry, end to end, but settles down to a stodgy midfield battle for about 10-15 minutes. With about 25 minutes left, Albion bring on a further attacking option. Spaces appear on the pitch as Albion start to dominate possession in the Boro half, but without much penetration in the area. On 82 minutes, Albion break through from a set-piece. Frantic few minutes as Albion try to break through again, only to be caught 3 against 1 in a breakaway. Boro 2-1. Game fizzles out amidst loud Boro fan pandemonium and pictures of sad blue and white painted faces staring mutely into the middle ground. It's a sad ending, I'm afraid.

Well not a sad ending really because we would still have another chance. What I don't want to see is fans crying and embarrassing themselves and us on the TV.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Boro will come out of the traps quicker than a rabbit with a thunderflash up its arse and absolutely BATTER us for the first 15 minutes, but WITHOUT getting the ball into the old onion bag. Boro fans frustration will then start pouring down from the stands and the Boro players will start to get edgier and edgier, and eventually Clayton will make a suicidal back pass which Knocky intercepts, rounds the keeper and puts us one up on 38 minutes. We somehow manage to hold out until half time.

The second half will be exactly the same as the first :thumbsup:

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
It’s going to be a snore-fest. ‘Boro will play for the draw. Nothing will happen at all in the first half. Albion will struggle to get a shot on goal. Albion will throw caution to the wind for the last 10 minutes in an all out attack but then concede a goal, probably a simple tap in after a breakaway counterattack. 1-0 at full time. Hope I’m wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We'll go 1-0 up very early on.

Then sit back.... and sit back.... and sit back....and sit back..... then as I accept we've done the impossible, drop to my knees and begin to howl in tearful ecstasy, half-gnawed crumbs of valiums raining from my mouth, Boro score in the 95th minute.

This. Save some valium for me.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Boro score an early goal in the first 5 mins as we appear to be half asleep. Everyhing goes a bit flat and we create little. Boro get a second just before half time.
Second half Boro control the game and we have a few tame efforts on goal. As we throw everyone forward in a desperate attempt to salvage somthing Boro counter and grab a third.
FT 3-0
Wesnesday put up a backs to wall display and the first leg ends 0-0.
The away leg ends 0-0 as well and we lose on penalties.
To top it all off, Palace win the cup.
Good things don't happen to us.

That's the spirit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here