How well did Dobbie play?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Really didn't rate him, also thought Hoskins should have done much better with the shot when he got free, he did all the hard work beating the two defenders and then shot straight at the keeper.

Bit like CMS and his one on ones..failure ..still first game he has started since? I can't remember

Dec 29, 2011
That's massively harsh on Hoskins. He had two defenders right on his back, there really wasn't a lot he could do. He did well to get the shot away at all.

Yeah I agree, did well to create the chance in the first place. Can I use the old cliché "It's like having a new signing".

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
We'd have been better off playing Barnes. Was not impressed with Dobbie.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
had 1 effort just over and didnt really deserve to be subbed...

Hes a fine player who needs games.

I thought he should have had another touch. He had acres of space. Lucky it wasn't Barnes who, amazingly, was booed again when his name was announced on the bench. Dobbie Definitely needs games.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He was ok. Just doesn't really look that interested in playing for us. Looked really pissed off when he got subbed.

That really doesn't make any sense. If he isn't bothered, why would he look pissed off if subbed??

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I thought Dobbie looked very sharp whenever he got the ball. Bit of an odd one though as he stopped running at all just before he was subbed as if he was injured, then proceeded to act all pissed off when taken off.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I thought he'd pulled a muscle earlier on and wondered if that's why he was subbed mayb nt.....Poyet sed they had 3/4payers with knocks after this game
I agree he kept feeling the inside of his groin, he looked sharp prior to that. I thought he was struggling

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was being closed down by two defenders. It wasn't an easy chance

That's massively harsh on Hoskins. He had two defenders right on his back, there really wasn't a lot he could do. He did well to get the shot away at all.

It was a very good chance and he should have got the shot away a lot quicker. He hasn't played many games and is still quite rusty, the chance really came out of nothing so it was pure instinct but it was pretty poor for a player at this standard. It didn't cost us tonight, but a confident Hoskins would have struck that from the edge of the area, he took too many touches and made it much harder on himself. I doubt he himself would even mention the defenders, he was away from them and should have scored.

Jimmy Grimble

I was underwhelmed. Perhaps I'm expecting too much, as he's clearly a very technically gifted player.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Neither exactly covered themselves in glory did they old bean?

It will be interesting to see how he goes Saturday. If Dobbie did pull up a bit tonight then Gus will go Barnes with CMS I suspect with Hoskins to come on with 15 to go when we are 3 up.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It was a very good chance and he should have got the shot away a lot quicker. He hasn't played many games and is still quite rusty, the chance really came out of nothing so it was pure instinct but it was pretty poor for a player at this standard. It didn't cost us tonight, but a confident Hoskins would have struck that from the edge of the area, he took too many touches and made it much harder on himself. I doubt he himself would even mention the defenders, he was away from them and should have scored.

i disagree. I think he's brimming with confidence right now. He went for the nutmeg and didn't pull it off and also tried a bicycle kick. That doesn't sound like a player panicking or lacking in confidence to me.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This is how I see it play 433 to get the best out of Buckley or play 442 to get the best out of dobbie we can't do both.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Àctually thought we were less effective after he went off

Á tad lazy when doing his defensive duties.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He fulfilled the Harley role of passenger. Barnes was missed tonight and much of our play lacked fluency. Happy to get the result and less entertainment tonight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was better tonight than Barnes was Saturday.
Only because Barnes was particularly out of sorts on Saturday. Generally, Barnes plays that position a lot better than Dobbie did tonight, but then Dobbie isn't used to playing that position, so hardly surprising.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
He went missing for large spells tonight. You can tell from his body language when he came off that he's really not happy at the minute. He's wasted out on the left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports