• Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really unlucky

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Not unlucky at all

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We said the same last season as well though, didn't we? :( Maybe all the luck will come at the end of the season?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We certainly do not appear to have had much luck this season. However, "you make your own luck" as they say, and there is certainly something wrong with the training our players get to shoot at goal! Either that, or the quality of striker Poyet brings in, or more likely a bit of both.

As I said after the Wednesday the new Argie looks like he needs to join the Development Squad, and is certainly not the answer to our goal scoring problem (yet?).

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We're literally centimeters away from greatnesss. One chance goes in and the game changes. We could (and should) have had 3 last night - possibly more.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
so much so that I am already looking forward to next season

not as though this one is over yet but our luck has got to change for us to be even near the play-offs

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Nothing to do with luck, we simply haven't been either clinical enough or had sufficient backbone and nous to see out games we should have won.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Not sure that we have been unlucky. Thought for most of the season (which I have thoroughly enjoyed) that we have not had that killer touch. Do not think that is bad luck.

Agreed. I don't see how failing to convert posession into goals and the inability to concentrate in stoppage time is bad luck. We are very close to being a top six team, but not quite good enough.

Nearly scoring is not bad luck -it is still poor finishing or good defending.

And I don't buy this bullshit about refs. It evens it self out over a season as we've had our fair share of decisions

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
As I said after the Wednesday the new Argie looks like he needs to join the Development Squad, and is certainly not the answer to our goal scoring problem (yet?).

The goals will come. I've been impressed with Ulloa so far. He's strong, works hard and holds the ball up well. He's not afraid to run at players either. On another night the attempted back heeled flick would've gone in and we'd all be raving about him.

Also, on another night Lua Lua's shot would've gone in. Although, the BBC's report states he wasted our best chance BBC Sport - Brighton 1-1 Blackburn

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If you don't shoot or header either side of the oppositions keeper it is unlikely that you will score, and thats what we have been doing all season.

And our defensive lapses make us pay.

So I'm in the not un lucky camp.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not 'unlucky' at all. This season is just another manifestation of the old Gary Player quote "The more I practice the luckier I get". It isn't 'bad luck' that means your shot goes over the bar when the other fella's goes under it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As they say, you make you're own luck.

THIS

Its a combination or being "too casual" sometimes (eg Orlandi sidefoots with the goal gaping) or switching off (ala Bolton at home)

Combine the two and we are architects of our own misfortune.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Missing chances in front of goal is nothing to do with luck; it's down to poor finishing skill and ability. Conceiding late equalisers is nothing to do with luck; that's down to losing concentration, shape and defensive organisation, either due to lack of 90 minute match fitness or letting the pressure affect you.

Referees' make bad decision, but the decisions usually even themselves out over the course of 90 minutes and certainly over the course of a season. We remember the ones that go against us much more than the dodgy penalties and free kicks that go our way.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If it happens once or twice it is unlucky, if it happens nearly every game it isn't. Great football apart from goal scoring and at times defending. Need to sort it or else the "bad luck" will continue.

[

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports