Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to turn the non-legends wall into a legends wall in one easy step.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
To me, to be a real LEGEND, the subject needs to be dead and I didn't see them play. So the only genuine one for me is Joe Leeming !!! (see my avatar)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Easy.
Remove..... Butters, Oatway, Carpenter, Rogers, and Knight.
Add............Cook, Attwood, Lane, Thorne and Mullery.

Then its getting more like a legends wall.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
In the Store by Christmas, splash it on all over

Splash.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't believe for one moment that Calde is an unloved figure in the dressing room and few would argue there is a more deserving player of a spot on the wall but for the club to officially single him out for idolisation wouldn't be fair on the squad. Unity and team spirit must be upheld at all times. That's not to say the other players will feel jealous but some might experience a sense of feeling less valued by the club. Having said all that, it would be a travesty if he wasn't added at some point following his eventual retirement. I'd like to see Greer there one day too.

Any player who's at the Albion for even a short length of time is probably already aware that Calde is very much the cult hero to most here, having a banner put up by the club is unlikely to cause any more resentment (if that's the right word) than they already feel towards the love the bearded god gets from the stands (I would hope that no-one was petty enough to in the first place but you never know).

Of course, if they did feel less valued, they would be welcome to hang around a couple of years, put a stupid amount of effort into every match and donate a lot of time to charitable works. Then they'd know why he's just that damn deserving.

TL,DR; Sod 'em, it's Calde.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I'm amazed that's called a legends wall to be honest. No disrespect to Butters and Knight but they are not legends.

And as for any suggestion Vicente should be on it is just mental.

Knight has been "removed"

Not sure if that was a deliberate thing after his continuing Twitter nonsense or if it just (conveniently) came down in strong winds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here