Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to get Suarez Banned

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Although he will be banned, I'd rather ban FIFA.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
serious question... ( I know !) Can FIFA , should they decide to act, ban a player from domestic football, shirley any punishment will only apply to internationals ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Seriously back...Why is biting a player any worse than purposely attempting to break someone's leg and end another players career with an two footed tackle?

are you going to ban a player everytime they do something you don't like?

I'd suggest there is a significant difference between a two footed tackle which can be made in error or with a misjudgment than someone purposely biting an opponent. It just isn't possible to accidentally bite someone - and especially THREE times. The quicker dirty players like Suarez are kicked out of football the better.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Don't be daft, I'm not talking about a misjudged tackle...I'm talking about the Norman Whiteside type tackles that end up ruining a career. They are not misjudgements but blatant attempts to injure another player or tackles like Oxlade-Chamberlain had on him which led him to missing the World Cup through injury.

I don't agree with what Suarez done, but lets put some perspective on it...Chiellini is hardly an angel himself and he isn't going to spend a year out wondering whether he can ever play professionally again is he?

What Alex Song did was just as bad, but people aren't saying he should be banned for life!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Although it can not be defended in any way writing to Fifa is a little OTT. They will make there own decision and at the end of the day they are a corrupt bunch of muppets anyway if stories are to be believed.
As for Suarez well. Controversy follows him where ever he goes. From a neutral point of view he is probably the most entertaining player at the world cup. Not only is he naturally brilliant but he is also mentally got a screw loose somewhere and it leads to fireworks no matter what. Football is a game of entertainment and although he will get banned i for one hope its not a stupid one. Give him a 6 game ban and let him get on with it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don't be daft, I'm not talking about a misjudged tackle...I'm talking about the Norman Whiteside type tackles that end up ruining a career. They are not misjudgements but blatant attempts to injure another player or tackles like Oxlade-Chamberlain had on him which led him to missing the World Cup through injury.

I don't agree with what Suarez done, but lets put some perspective on it...Chiellini is hardly an angel himself and he isn't going to spend a year out wondering whether he can ever play professionally again is he?

What Alex Song did was just as bad, but people aren't saying he should be banned for life!

I'm not condoning bad tackles but Suarez has bitten three times now - if I did that in the street then I would most likely have been done for assault three times - if I'd done it in the street in certain states in the USA I'd now be facing life imprisonment under the three strikes rule. They should throw the book at him and kick him out of football. Talented he may be but he's also an animal. I hope the Italian player takes legal action against the disgusting little scrote.

If it isn't a life ban then he should at least have his ban for the bite doubled for the play acting after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here