Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to fill the Amex

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Dont forget we are 2-3k down on ST sales from last season so that is going to put a dent on our attendance and i think a few more Tkt promotions wouldnt go amiss

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've only been to 2 home games so far - Forrest and Hull. Whilst the tickets sold figure was down, there seemed to be more actual bums on seats than last year. Also we've not played any of the London sides or clubs like Leeds that will more or less sell out the away end.

I have a feeling that if we're still in the mix for top 2 by Christmas, then there will be a significant uptake of half STs.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
answer to the original question - Give tickets to local schools and businesses; no brainer for me as costs nothing but could be food/drink revenue. Fill it, and create a future fanbase.

Brentford used to do this 20+ years ago; if it was a fixture they knew they wouldn't sell out then they gave a wodge of freebies to local schools and stuck them all in one block to make some noise. I thing (I stand to be corrected) that the ticket also included a BOGOF voucher for a future game too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking back at this time of year...

25/10/14 Home to Rotherham 24,370
28/10/13 (Monday night) Home to Watford 27,657
09/11/13 (closest Saturday to above) Home to Blackburn 27,912
20/10/12 Home to Middlesbrough 26,293

From what I can see we are averaging just under 24k so far this season. Are another 4,000 or so going to come out to get close to that Blackburn attendance? It doesn't feel like it.

Problem with those numbers is we all know they aren't remotely accurate - tickets sold maybe, but not actual attendances. Given we are supposedly 3-4,000 STH down on the peak number, taking the no-shows at those games into account we've probably got more going now than then.

I don't quite get the obsession with attendances - we're doing pretty well compared with the 'big' clubs in the division. If we carry on as we are we'll be selling out most weeks next season - there will also be an almighty scramble for STs in the close season if we're up.

In the event that promotion seems the most likely outcome for the Albion (finger crossed), I think matches from around March will be a sell out as fans of the Premier League try to ensure they have loyalty points or season tickets for next season. Big IF though as to whether we can maintain our challenge but things are looking very very good right now.

Pretty much this! Since giving up 13/14 season ticket i have attended only 4 games and that was at mates rates! Not sure the crowds are smaller this year as so many no shows among sth last season! The cost of walk up is pretty high and with a poor atmosphere and transport issues it does not make for a great experience tbh??? A few 7-2 7-0 results might help:moo:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
answer to the original question - Give tickets to local schools and businesses; no brainer for me as costs nothing but could be food/drink revenue. Fill it, and create a future fanbase.

Brentford used to do this 20+ years ago; if it was a fixture they knew they wouldn't sell out then they gave a wodge of freebies to local schools and stuck them all in one block to make some noise. I thing (I stand to be corrected) that the ticket also included a BOGOF voucher for a future game too.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Maybe it is just the pricing?

I know it's been done to death, but £30 is quite a lot of money (cheapest ticket?) to watch Preston North End. For MOST (not all) 'non STHs' I would imagine it's not just a case of go straight to the game and straight home, people will want a couple of drinks, food etc, and then you're looking at north of £50. It's quite a lot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is the club still placing their mobile ticket office at Brighton station? We do need a city centre presence to pick up the casual fans.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was the first time our coach was full membership and also have a waiting list I agree with some of these post let's take each game as it comes and enjoy the postion we are in and let's hope come May we are still leading the pack.
I belive in TB 5 year plan let's enjoy and do our bit getting behind the team and club.
Just one thing can they put a sign up saying which counter is serving the Specail pie so fans don't waste time. Oh dear :facepalm:
I would like to see the shelf in the NW corner full of clubs ie football teams girls /boys schools students,language schools etc as we need to get new fans in early to help build our fan base.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I want to go, but my record watching the Albion over the years has been awful at the AMEX. Although I went to the Forest game first game of the season, I'm superstitious enough to think if I go Saturday and we LOSE it's all my fault :ffsparr:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The student offer at the uni on Tuesday seemed to bring a few in at 15 quid a ticket. Maybe the club will repeat that

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Is it advertised around town you can just rock up? I don't know I don't live

I think there are 2 major problems

a (cost)
b ( logistics)

If you are an Albion fan the logistics involved in watching the Albion is understandable.
The trouble is that if you are not an Albion fan but you just want to watch a game of football.
Sooner rather than later getting a ticket for the Amex has to get easier.
Some people just want to buy a ticket they don't want to sign up to a Database where they will be
Offered all sorts of other shit"

Do you struggle to read the big sign with ticket booths below (with people easily buying tickets) that says 'Match Day Sales' at the ground every match day?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It is price of match day tickets. Despite been able to afford it none of our contacts will pay £40 for vacant seats near us in East Upper. They all consider it far too much. Also not interested in corners at £30/32. It is only price stopping them as when one of our group cannot go, they are queuing up at the cost price of £28. None of these people are able to commit to going every game. They have to be more then season ticket cost but surely 10% on would be reasonable

Jan 30, 2008
What does TB/PB have to do to fill the Amex.(apart from Host Rugby matches)

Here we stand top of the league where we have stood for 2 months now.
Yet our highest attendance has been 26k.
The club have put their hands in their pockets & invested in the team to
Give us the best chance of success.

I know that if we are top of the league in April the Amex will be full I also know
That if we draw Chelsea at home in the FA cup the Amex will be full.

I find it strange that a team that finished 5th from bottom of the league attracted
More fans to a game than a team that was top of the league.
again i say LOWER MATCH DAY TICKETS:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I would like to see the shelf in the NW corner full of clubs ie football teams girls /boys schools students,language schools etc as we need to get new fans in early to help build our fan base.

So would I.
As it is currently, groups of schoolchildren seem to get plonked in the south east corner where they are exposed to the grunts and sign language of the away following instead of being in and about the home following where they might get to hear some of our support and learn some of our songs instead.

Jan 30, 2008
so would i.
As it is currently, groups of schoolchildren seem to get plonked in the south east corner where they are exposed to the grunts and sign language of the away following instead of being in and about the home following where they might get to hear some of our support and learn some of our songs instead.
what are these songs you talk about out of interest :shrug:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here