Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Reading?

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Wow! Did some Brighton fan nick his girlfriend or something? He does seem to have it in for us.

For the record I agree that Reading are probably the team we want to beat the most the season but in a rival free division for us that is entirely down to Smug Nige.

Personally I have no axe to grind with Reading or their supporters.

I think it's a fairly good summary of recent times albeit written with a jokey bias.

He left out the bit about Reading being a slightly bigger club than Brighton, a fact which I can imagine would be quite maddening for you guys too?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I think it's a fairly good summary of recent times albeit written with a jokey bias.

He left out the bit about Reading being a slightly bigger club than Brighton, a fact which I can imagine would be quite maddening for you guys too?

How did you arrive at that laughable conclusion. Everyone seems to understand that we are a bigger club than Reading, always have been and always will be; that is unless your period of assessment is when we were homeless? Under similar circumstances I am convinced Reading would have just faded away and died a peaceful death.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

:lolol: sorry, what? What a bizarre joke to make.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
See LeFondre has been applied to be on the TV show 'Splash'...going down clutching his face on the second tackle ,he was fouled but not by getting a slap in the chops..
Nigel A was going ape shite when Bruno stole two yards on a throw in,NA was complaining to the fourth offical pointing to where he thought the throw in was supposed to be...strangely quiet when Reading players were doing it....however nothing will change the result or the fact that Greer was sent off...Dunky seems a good replacement.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Rather convenient for you it was calculated in the 2011 season just BEFORE we had 3 years in one of the top stadiums in the entire country. Genius.

Yes. During which time Reading were a (shit) Premiership club after winning the Championship

We get that for whatever reason you feel superior to Reading, that's understood. The irony is that Brighton now are exactly like Reading were 10 years ago. Good club being well run.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. During which time Reading were a (shit) Premiership club.

We get that for whatever reason you feel superior to Reading, that's understood. The irony is that Brighton now are exactly like Reading were 10 years ago. Good club being well run.

10 years ago you had one of the top stadiums in the country, the top average attendance in your division, and had a £25m odd training facility on the way? Fair play.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Lots of 'dirty northern 845tards' action in the library yesterday. Reading is so far north they're practically Brummies. :kiss:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
"Cheating Reading Northern Inbreds" according to the "hard" lad behind us with his much quieter friend today. If his mum had heard the language he was coming out with it would have been to bed and no supper for sure. Worryingly I suspect he really does think Reading is "up North".

The Young Pottings, the half dozen or so under 10's and their parents in front, and probably the "school shelf" above us learned lots of new words today. But that is part of football and at least (hopefully) they know what not to come out with.

Trust me, the under 10s wouldn't have learned any new words. :lolol:

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
There are some hilarious rankings in their. I take it that's a joke? Do you run the site?

Blackburn being a bigger club than Spurs is a good one, and Grimsby bigger than Bristol City?

Tbf if I did run the site the one ranking I'd rig would be Brighton being one below Reading. :lolol:

You guys have this reputation of being delusionally obsessed that Brighton is a MASSIVE club. I find it quite endearing.

Still, I don't own the site. And Reading are a bigger club than Brighton. Fact.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

The writer starts off making a number of fair observations, then descends into dubious claims before rounding off with a diatribe of petty hate.

For the record, I hate the term tinpot. As far as I'm concerned, if a club has a solid band of supporters, then it's not tinpot.

My take is that we are similar sized clubs in terms if achievement and potential. Reading is only 20 minutes from London so it has a bigger set of competition from the west London clubs.

I don't really feel any more animosity or attraction towards Reading than I would towards say Wrexham.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Reading are a very dull, very beige club so far as I'm concerned....just one of those teams that I find it impossible to get worked up over one way or the other, they're just sort of "there". I can't imagine anyone has ever looked at their fixtures for the season and said "Ooooh, I can't WAIT until we play Reading".

Genuine question to any Reading fans reading this: Who do you count as your main rivals, or indeed who counts you as their main rivals? In terms of location I'm fairly sure Oxford and Swindon care far more about each other than about Reading, so who does that leave?

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Historically Oxford, Swindon and Aldershit. Nowadays nobody really. West Ham h8 us a bit for having the hex over them although we are apparently a tinpot club full of facking mugs but that's not a proper rivalry.

I guess we aren't a bunch of total inbred proles who'll turn up and ruin your town so despite being one of the oldest clubs in the league we've not really fostered seething resentment from anyone. I mean, we have our fair share of inbreds, it's just that they aren't the majority.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Anyone remember Robert Maxwell and his idea for "Thames Valley Royals"? That was particularly tinpot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here