Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How tinpot are Brighton? (According to some fans' criteria)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think it's a sense of entitlement - because we've got a lovely stadium, flirting with the play-offs and have a good squad it means we are the dogs bollocks and everyone else is tinpot. It's that sense of entitlement that means if Oscar hasn't made us win every game 5-0, Burke hasn't signed Messi or Barber made us $100m then we're shit and they need to be sacked.

People have short memories and unrealistic expectations.

Certainly this.

But our clackers certainly were tinpot whereas simply wearing tracksuit tops isnt and we will probably be the same when adidas/nike make our kits next season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Everyone seems to be tinpot these days. It's boring and unoriginal. I personally think Spanish Day and all the other gash 'fun' events the club try to put on are 'tinpot'. I'm a school teacher and reading these forums sometimes feels like the dross I have to listen to from my year 8 girls bitching to each other about their non present friends.

Spanish Day was ACE because we got Cruzcampo in the bars.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't remember all this moaning about clackers at our last game at Withdean, or the semi finals against Swindon.

:shrug:

You may not remember it but we were as tinpot as any club in the country in those days :smile:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You may not remember it but we were as tinpot as any club in the country in those days :smile:

We were THE tinpot club then, temporary stands, running track, no money, look how far we've come, such a shame the way some people are. Don't get me wrong, I didn't care for the clackers at the Palace game, but if the atmosphere from the home fans at the Amex was a bit more impressive (consistently) then I doubt the club would have felt it necessary. They knew the Palace fans would create a great noise, and they possibly felt, rightly or wrongly, that our fans wouldn't be able to compete, (they were probably right on that). It was a mistake either way, very much a tinpot error, after all, Arsenal fans never make any noise, but they've done alright over the years.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Here we are, a club that were so shit for many years that attendances fell to embarrassing levels (started happening long before Archer), we played 2 seasons in another county, then spent over a decade playing in the worst football stadium in the country. Now, 2 and a bit seasons into our fabulous new stadium and there are people criticising other clubs for being tinpot.

And in that decade we never got any stick for being tin pot did we.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The phrases 'tinpot' and 'big club' are pointless because they are entirely subjective. The best way to demonstrate we are not 'tinpot' is to avoid using them at all times!

PG

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The phrases 'tinpot' and 'big club' are pointless because they are entirely subjective. The best way to demonstrate we are not 'tinpot' is to avoid using them at all times!

PG

Good call

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
After buying a couple of the hat-trick tickets per game for the last three seasons, I was happy to 'win' 'free' travel to a game, home or away. I fancied Wednesday away, to be told my voucher did'nt include that game, and was quoted the 'subject to availibility' clause...

Well as it happens, me renewing my ST is 'subject to availability' of my goodwill, which is zero...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
After buying a couple of the hat-trick tickets per game for the last three seasons, I was happy to 'win' 'free' travel to a game, home or away. I fancied Wednesday away, to be told my voucher did'nt include that game, and was quoted the 'subject to availibility' clause...

Well as it happens, me renewing my ST is 'subject to availability' of my goodwill, which is zero...

Have you noticed they've also reduced the prizes of a free burger/hotdog/hot drink to 50% off! Hardly worth having. Also the free soft drink in Dick's bar on a non matchday. What a prize!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You'd really have to be deluded to label a team who gets 27,000+ gates as 'tinpot'

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Chatting to a Reading fan a short while ago and he claimed Reading were a big club in this division because they played in the Premier League last season, (choked on my beer at this point) Where of course they were tinpot ;)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To avoid any further confusion over the meaning of the word tin pot, let's all agree that Reading are the most tin pot two bit outfit it is possible to be.

They were drawing flies at Elm Park, and even after wiggy built them a shiny new stadium, they struggled to get 9,000 through the gates until they looked like being promoted from league one. Their home support is quiet, they like clacker sticks and drums, they brought a laughable 1,000 here last weekend, and no-one considers them a proper rival except a tiny non league team.

Two bob clowns. Any accusations of tinpotness towards anyone should be measured against "Reading Soccer Club".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here