How the hell did Qatar win the right to host the World Cup?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Porkie I understand that they come from hot counties etc etc but it does not make it right, I would be interested to know the death rate, we all know what health and safety would close the site down in this country.

The point is, you must compare their benefits, lifestyle and mortality rates there, with those in their countries of origin. You cannot jusdge these things by Western standards.

It is their choice, as THEY believe they are better-off in Doha than in some farming village or inner-city slum where they come from.

Why else do you think they are so desperate to get jobs in the GCC region.

We also "all know" that the health and safety is a lot higher in the GCC than in many parts of the world. Most of the problem with health and safety in GCC is the stupidity of the workers themselves. They lie that they have a trade, and thus pass themselves off as someone with a knowledge of site health and safety standards. They have to be trained in them, as well as everything else - which takes time, during which period they will be vulnerable. You really do need to see the stupidity of these people to understand. When on site, they get toolbox talks etc., just like in the UK.

If people want to get on their high horse about something, they should look into the life of many house maids.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The point is, you must compare their benefits, lifestyle and mortality rates there, with those in their countries of origin. You cannot jusdge these things by Western standards.

It is their choice, as THEY believe they are better-off in Doha than in some farming village or inner-city slum where they come from.

Why else do you think they are so desperate to get jobs in the GCC region.

If people want to get on their high horse about something, they should look into the life of many house maids.

so because they come from a poor country it is okay to promise them a certain amount of money before they come and then tear up that contract and pay them far less once they arrive having got them selves in debt to travel. Not to mention those who are not getting paid, getting their paper work, not being allowed to leave or dying.

Lying to people and treating badly cannot be excused because where they come from is crappy.

Oct 25, 2003
If I were a judge, from that information it would be between japan and usa however they have had it since us and we must be logical next along with spain with only two medium risks and spain had it in 82 so it should have been us ???

we, along with spain/portugal etc. (europe) weren't bidding for 2022 but 2018 which Russia won

Qatar beat Japan, South Korea, Australia and USA

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I know. Us pansy westerners. What's wrong with a bit of slavery eh? They need to MAN UP.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
so because they come from a poor country it is okay to promise them a certain amount of money before they come and then tear up that contract and pay them far less once they arrive having got them selves in debt to travel. Not to mention those who are not getting paid, getting their paper work, not being allowed to leave or dying.

Lying to people and treating badly cannot be excused because where they come from is crappy.

That simply does not happen - FACT. There are strict labour laws in the region.

The workers may have been too stupid to understand what they were going to get (e.g. deductions for living in the Camp), but the companies will pay what they promised in general, or unless thet end up skint like Dubai.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That simply does not happen - FACT. There are strict labour laws in the region.

The workers may have been too stupid to understand what they were going to get (e.g. deductions for living in the Camp), but the companies will pay what they promised in general, or unless thet end up skint like Dubai.

Okay we'll just ignore the investigations from the video and article in the Op that we are discussing....... and just go with your FACT.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Isn't it just as stupid and ignorant to refute what was reported just because it was a newspaper that did so?

The important question is; Did the newspaper write FACT. in capitals with a full stop? That is the way to show that something is true, far better than interviews with the people involved.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Porkie I understand that they come from hot counties etc etc but it does not make it right, I would be interested to know the death rate, we all know what health and safety would close the site down in this country.

Reported to be the death sheet from the Nepal embassy for July 2013 in Qatar construction sites, note the causes.

Nepal-embassy-record-008.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Reported to be the death sheet from the Nepal embassy for July 2013 in Qatar construction sites, note the causes.

Nepal-embassy-record-008.jpg

mmmmm..... A fair few heart attacks goes to show them blokes from very hot counties may not after all be used to working in midday sun after all.

However I am sure Porkie will say they probably were all old or had previous unknown symptoms I guess.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
mmmmm..... A fair few heart attacks goes to show them blokes from very hot counties may not after all be used to working in midday sun after all.

However I am sure Porkie will say they probably were all old or had previous unknown symptoms I guess.

one in the video was 16 and very healthy according to his parents.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

temps in Nepal not much different from here in the UK

this whole thing is a disgrace
what sort of world do we live in

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
one in the video was 16 and very healthy according to his parents.

So, we base the whole issue upon the thoughts of some kid's parents' belief that he was healthy? I doubt they are doctors, or their statement is based upon any actual medical facts.

More interference from bleeding hearts from the media trying to put the world to rights without knowledge of the facts, and judging things against their left-wing western beliefs.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
tha
that is why it is a disgrace
temps=temperatures

Wht margin their agents take is nothing to do with the Qatar state or even the construction companies. As I said before, the stupid workers should read the small print on their contracts, or their own country should deal with the problem.

GCC states need labour, the third world people need money, becuase the shit-hole states they come from have not got any jobs for them. A match made in heaven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports