Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Stupid Are The City Council? Warning, Mention of Gollywogs.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think you need a honey badger to cuddle instead of your Gollywog.

I do agree that this board seems to be frequented by humourless dullards who couldn't spot a shade of grey if it left the cloud hanging over their lives and smacked them right in the kisser.

its all about extremities and hate

im guilty,your gulity,we are all guilty

some people can see it,some people cant.

im sure there is a song in there somewhere

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
its all about extremities and hate

im guilty,your gulity,we are all guilty

some people can see it,some people cant.

im sure there is a song in there somewhere

Can't deny any of that (apart from there being a song in there).

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
maybe people on here are right and you are wrong,and maybe if gollies were really that offensive it would be illegal to sell them in this country.

Maybe if it wasnt seen as a 'problem' by many, we wouldnt have this thread?
I didnt start the issue haha

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My daughter owns a gift shop that among other things sells gollies. A customer the other day commented how nice they were but why did she not display them in the window and why were they not called gollywogs any more. She explained the reasons to him and he commented that it was the digest load of rubbish that he had heard. By the way he was a black African gentleman who promptly bought a couple of them for his grandchildren!

I may pop along I was looking for some gifts. Whereabouts is the gift shop where the gentleman from Africa purchased said goods or is this another myth?

Last edited:

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
It's pretty much an age thing and anyone under 30'ish probably doesn't realise that many things seen as offensive now were not back then and even some of the 'unmentionable' words could be found in childrens songs & books.

As evidenced by this. *****nsfw*****

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I was being sarcastic, some people on this board thinks equality training is a waste of time. I would imagine they're nearly all white, non-disabled and straight and so don't understand the importance of it.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I was being sarcastic, some people on this board thinks equality training is a waste of time. I would imagine they're nearly all white, non-disabled and straight and so don't understand the importance of it.

I was showing you what it looks like when your post is unfairly discredited. Don't make assumptions on people's other views because of something they post on a specific topic.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Vote Bower! The saviour of our Rights to Freedom of Speech and love of Gollywogs, as long as you are white, lower middle class or below, of course.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I love these threads. Page after page of people stating their own entrenched positions on both sides, eventually a few people get wound up and start hurling abuse at each other, no new information included in any of the posts, no-one learns anything they didn't already know or comes to think anything they didn't already think. Mildly entertaining but essentially a monumental waste of everyone's time.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I love these threads. Page after page of people stating their own entrenched positions on both sides, eventually a few people get wound up and start hurling abuse at each other, no new information included in any of the posts, no-one learns anything they didn't already know or comes to think anything they didn't already think. Mildly entertaining but essentially a monumental waste of everyone's time.

You wouldn't say that to my face you bloody bed wetting Keyboard Warrior :)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Better than reading the Argus. I would never have got to know Mr Bower otherwise and I doubt his political career will be much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here