Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How should I play this ??

Reading Seagull

Jun 2, 2010
Reading
My boss sits opposite me at work and is a Sheff Wed fan.

Following recent performances from both sides, I face a dilema.

Do I fight every fibre of my body and resist the temptation to scream and shout at him about how we will be promoted and they will be left behind in L1. This will require immense will power but could mean avoiding future embarrasment and securing job safety?

OR

Do I go for it, say everything I want to, lay into him 100% but risk us behind left behind as they go straight back up and potentially lose my job ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Say nothing at all, lest it comes back to bite you.

Just keep leaving newspapers on your desk, open on the league open table...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Talk about Brighton and the club you love and only mention Sheffield Wednesday when he does

Reading Seagull

Jun 2, 2010
Reading
Good plan...although, as everyone else in the office are armchair glory hunters...he might realise its me !

Already lost a tenner to him on the result at Hillsborough....keen to win it back - promotion bet maybe?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
My boss is a Charlton season ticket holder, he hardly mentions football now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Most Sheff Wed fans I've ever known have been complete wankers, so you should rip the piss out of him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My boss is a Palace fan, I'm not really in a place where I can take the micky about their current predicament but I do get the opportunity to sincerely express my condolences to how badly his team are performing whenever they lose whilst I'm laughing inside.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I have no problems taking the piss out of colleagues, or boss's football teams... they have dished out enough crap to me other the the last couple of years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here