Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How realistic could it be that Vicente...

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
...joins Southampton at the end of the season?

Be this situation hypothetical but I was talking to a friend about his emergence this season and it made me think. Someone mentioned on here that they could see them being a squad player for a big team in the prem next season...

I don't totally agree with this but I had this horribly realistic thought that I could see him playing for one of the, if you will, '****' teams next season, either Southampton or Norwich.

Should we not go up, and I'm not saying I expect us to, but Soton will be there for sure so should we prepare for such an eventuality? He's phenomenal, so suitors there will be...(And we all think Adkins is a '****').

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Please delete this thread, there's already one on the same subject.
I was talking to a friend about his emergence this season and it made me think.
Emergence? He's played for Spain 38 times and been in two champions league finals (I think). But he's just emerged this season?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Yes, you know what I mean Monsieur Clever-Cloggs. If there's a thread can you point me to it please? Interesting thought, that was all.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gus speaks Spanish, Tanno speaks Spanish, Calderon speaks Spanish. I can't think of one Southampton player or staff member that does, and i think that'd play a HUGE part in whether he stays or goes.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Yeah, I think that's kind of valid, but I'm not sure how huge that situation in once in the prem. I mean how many players speak Japanese yet Tadanari Lee plays for their club (dunno if he speaks English however). Still, yeah, makes for a better home, we hope etc...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
A second version of this f***ing ridiculous thread. Brilliant.
Why would you even think about this? Do you really have so little going on in your life?

Last edited:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Haha, it's no wind up. But I was thinking about this situ earlier. Surely, this is the place to come, no?

Anyway, thanks to Waynflete to pointing me to the thread I needed. May the banter continue...or not.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
It would be like watching the tennis at Wimbledon for Vicente, the ball being hoofed backwards & forwards over his head

Mar 22, 2012
...joins Southampton at the end of the season?

Be this situation hypothetical but I was talking to a friend about his emergence this season and it made me think. Someone mentioned on here that they could see them being a squad player for a big team in the prem next season...

I don\'t totally agree with this but I had this horribly realistic thought that I could see him playing for one of the, if you will, \'****\' teams next season, either Southampton or Norwich.

Should we not go up, and I\'m not saying I expect us to, but Soton will be there for sure so should we prepare for such an eventuality? He\'s phenomenal, so suitors there will be...(And we all think Adkins is a \'****\').

wow your boring

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we have given him a chance to get back on the pitch , he has been ,until now a constant injury problem(before he came here i mean)...........just because he is now almost fully match fit and has played an important role for us does not (imho) mean that he wants prem footy and prem teams are champing at the bit to get him.........he appears to be a true professional with more than a modicum of loyalty about him, the spanish connection will play a huge part in keeping here next season i reckon ........if we make the play-offs he could well be the difference for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here