Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How positive are you re our chances in the 2016/17 season?

biddles911

May 12, 2014
If we keep Kayal, Stephens, Dunk and sign two quality strikers then I am very confident.

If not then I fear mid table to play offs at best.

Have to add Knockaert to that list surely? He made all the difference in the run in.....

Without him, we're nowhere near as creative.

With the above plus Solly and Skalak playing at their best, we've got to be an excellent bet for automatic promotion!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I did,and I knew long before the Boro game how things were going to turn out,from about the first of Feb it was obvious we hadn't "strengthened from a position of strength "
There'll be a lot of old guff in the summer about what a great pre season we've had,a new # ,a guest pie to die for and news of an award for the best after match party thrown for a victorious visiting team.
The Albion snore will continue to rim Barber and the whole cycle repeats itself.

Oh please what utter BS.

So Skalak and Knoackaert didn't count then? Nor did their appearance in the side mean that finally Hemed had service and scored 11 goals in the final two and a half months of the season.

Life must be ever so grey for you.

3a9c4b399c1394502854d7a6fe5609d5.jpg

Oh please what utter BS.

So Skalak and Knoackaert didn't count then? Nor did their appearance in the side mean that finally Hemed had service and scored 11 goals in the final two and a half months of the season.

Life must be ever so grey for you.

3a9c4b399c1394502854d7a6fe5609d5.jpg

Did it get us over the line?
Having said that,have you tried the spinach and ricotta pie?
Best in the league.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Still not over the crushing sense of disappointment from last season. No enthusiasm for the Euros and no sense that we're going to do as well next season, but that's borne out of that feeling rather than any objective reasoning.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Did it get us over the line?
Having said that,have you tried the spinach and ricotta pie?
Best in the league.

What a load of drivel. We missed out on promotion because we couldn't quite beat Middlesbrough (who were helped by an awful refereeing decision) and then followed that up with four injuries in one match in the first leg of the play offs and Wednesday scoring a goal that should have been disallowed in the second. How is any of that Barber's fault?

As for not strengthening, we brought our best player in January along with another who was brilliant towards the end of the season and a third who was a good squad option. We also spent near enough £10 million on transfer fees alone (based on guesswork for transfers of Goldson, Huhnemeier, Knockaert, Manu, Murphy, Hemed and Skalak) and I don't think we sold a player for money. So that's the facts. Where's your back up to your bizarre view except some sort of anti Barber agenda?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Still not over the crushing sense of disappointment from last season. No enthusiasm for the Euros and no sense that we're going to do as well next season, but that's borne out of that feeling rather than any objective reasoning.

I'm reasonably optimistic now. We've kept hold of Hughton (which didn't happen the last two play off seasons) and hopefully will be able to keep our best players and add to the strength. In the last 20 games of last season, we were brilliant and I'm hopeful that can continue next season.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I think in CH we got a manager that is good in identifying our own weak positions within the squad. When Lua Lua and Solly were out injured in came Knockaert and Skalak. We were 1 of 3 teams that ran away at the top. So don't see any reason why this cannot be achieved again. Very optimistic myself. Although same as any year finishing in auto spots when only 2 of them will be extremely difficult, Certainly not impossible.
Not convinced releasing Greer was right though. That German guy is good cover? whose name I cannot spell.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If we don't get a dreadful run of injuries again we will go 23 league games unbeaten from the start of the season, we will be in the top 2 all season and we will go up as Champions with Newcastle hanging on to our coat tails. Hemed will score 22 goals. I confidently predict this, having emphatically stated last season that we needed 8 wins and 2 draws (90 points) from our last 11 games to go up.

You heard it here first.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There's far too much pessimism here. Us and Burnley were head and shoulders the 2 best teams in the league in the second half of the season after we'd strengthened in January (and a couple of players had returned to fitness). At the beginning of January we were 6th and something like 8-9 points behind Middlesbrough!

The 3 teams coming down are going to be no stronger than the 3 that were promoted - that's why they were relegated - so it stands to reason that, if we can keep the squad that finished the season (replacing the peripheral players that have departed) then we should challenge for top 2 again. Top 6 as a minimum realistic expectation.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am enjoying our brand of football, it's good on the eye, and I am confident we will do well next season. I think we will get in who we need this summer as we are serious contenders for promotion and we have a great setup.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I was decidedly glass half empty at the start of last season and by the end of it my glass very nearly exploded it was so full.

I'm not sure on this season. It'd be so easy to think we're going to do well based on how we did last season. But, if pressed, I'd have to say I think we're going to hit playoffs again but that it won't be easy.

There was something about last season. The unbeaten run, the #together stuff, the crippling injuries, the good recruitment, the battling performances. If this coming season is half as exciting we're in for a good ride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here