Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How pony are Arsenal?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
i dont see how people can like Wenger i think his so arrogant its unreal, he really gets up my nose.

The only manager in England apart from Gus who tries to get his teams to play attractive, attacking football.

The only manager in the world who tries to promote and develop young players, when it would be easier to spend millions on buying players like Ferguson, Mancini, etc do.

There are a lot worse people in football management than him out there who contribute nothing positive to the game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Steady on everyone - I know we're fukcing brilliant, but are we really in a position to look down our noses at Arsenal yet? Their crisis meqans not finishing in the top four of the Prem - we'd just like to get there!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dont get me wrong, they look like like scoring every time they go forward but conceding 4 goals at Blackburn! Couldn't see Chelski or Man U conceding 4 up there.

:lolol:

This thing about they play the best football:

The counter attacking part, against teams other than best, yes. But not so much thesedays.

But I thought defending was part of football and a skill too. They haven't done that for several years now.

Conclusion - they don't play the best football.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
The only manager in England apart from Gus who tries to get his teams to play attractive, attacking football.

The only manager in the world who tries to promote and develop young players, when it would be easier to spend millions on buying players like Ferguson, Mancini, etc do.

There are a lot worse people in football management than him out there who contribute nothing positive to the game.

Oh please, give me a f***ing break..."the only manager in the world who tries to promote and develop young players"???
Wenger buys just as many players as anyone else. Have a look at the players that took to the pitch against Blackburn today...how many former Arsenal youth teamers are in there? What about the players who were the backbone of the side when he was actually winning trophies...Henry, Bergkamp, Viera, Overmars, Petit, Pires, Ljungberg...all established players.
Almost every league team in the country (including Chelsea and Man Utd) is a mixture of players who have come up through their club's academy and players who have been brought in from other clubs. Indeed, you could argue that Ferguson has been every bit as successful as Wenger in developing young players...Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Nevillex2, Butt, Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher, Evans and, by the looks of it, now Cleverly and Welbeck.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Arsenals defence is shocking. Wenger has lost the plot with too much reliance on young players forgetting you need experience to guide and lead them.

Its all very well passing the ball around but you do have to score and you still have to defend with passion and pride both lacking from arsenal.

Yes they have and can play so nice stuff but the media luvvies always big it up so much it I think sometimes they are overated. I hate the glory hunting fans this media love in produces and its good to see them falling from grace.

Wenger needs to stop trying to play mind games. He always bigs up the teams arsenal beat convincingly and anyone that gives them a hard game gets slagged off. He also never sees the fouls and mistakes his players make. I hate Man u too but Fergie is way ahead of Wenger, he has quietly rebuilt that team close season and they look strong as much as it pains me to say. Whereas Wenger is looking more and more like a madman ready to crack.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Wenger is also the only manager i can think of who blindly follows his vision even when its not working and he isnt developing players in key roles, and the only manager i recall not taking advantage of the chairmens open cheque book to resolve these issues.

bit of an odd comparison to Ferguson, who as above has not been shy to bring through young players. current ManU first team has 6 players brought though from youth (Evans, Gibson, Fletcher, Cleverley, Welbeck, Giggs :)wink:)), 2 more than Arsenal (Wilshere, Ramsey and Frimpong :)lol:) and Gibbs :)lolol:)). over the summer Fergie brought in known good young players (Jones, Smalling), while Wenger brought in untested young players (Jenkinson, Oxlade). when Ferguson does spend money, has to be said he tends to pick goodun's.

i like Arsenal, i really like what Wenger has tried to do, but he has got it wrong in the past 3-4 years.

Last edited:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I don't think Arsenal have as much money as people think. They can afford to buy players but not their wages.

People also forget they did not do as well out of Highbury as they thought they would. The emirates is pretty life less too its like a library rather than a football stadium. Thats the trouble with having support made up from passionless gloryhunting luvvies

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Wenger is also the only manager i can think of who blindly follows his vision even when its not working and he isnt developing players in key roles, and the only manager i recall not taking advantage of the chairmens open cheque book to resolve these issues.

bit of an odd comparison to Ferguson, who as above has not been shy to bring through young players. current ManU first team has 6 players brought though from youth (Evans, Gibson, Fletcher, Cleverley, Welbeck, Giggs (;))), 2 more than Arsenal (Wilshere, Ramsey and Frimpong :)lol:) and Gibbs :)lolol:)). over the summer Fergie brought in known good young players (Jones, Smalling), while Wenger brought in untested young players (Jenkinson, Oxlade). when Ferguson does spend money, has to be said he tends to pick goodun's.

i like Arsenal, i really like what Wenger has tried to do, but he has got it wrong in the past 3-4 years.

Ramsey was bought from Cardiff for about 5 million pounds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here