Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How on Gods earth did Hope surive again tonight

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
does the fact that Hope are made up of 5 girls from different parts of the country mean that there are five sets of support for them, whereas Beverly (not Brenda) would only have one set of support?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i hope its because we ALL want see phoebes sex tape

Crawley Cobbler

Mar 31, 2004
Crawley
Sharon wanted it to go to the public vote.

Whether the judges already knew the results of the public vote at the time is debatable.

Put it this way: last week, Simon went last with Hope leading 2-1 and said: "I'm going to do what I think the public would want - and saved them. When if he'd voted the other way we'd have actually found out what the public wanted...

You have to suspect that they knew Hope were last last week (when they were even worse than this week) and weren't this time.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Simon is Hope's mentor, he will never vote against them.

Anyway this week was the last time the judge's have a say. Next week it's purely down to the public vote.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Face it, they're a weak bunch.

Beverley could sing, but there have been better on X-factor
Hope are truly poor and even the lead singer is only average bu gets the "Ah, she's only 15 vote"
Leon is a clown - we've seen this sort of act before but done less badly
Nikki was shocking last night and she knew it
Rhydian is a show tunes belter, but won't ever sell singles in large quantities
Same Difference - can someone explain this to me. WFT!

So who cares who went out really? It's depressing to think that I've watched this.

As for the racism card, I'm sure there are people who won't vote for Beverley because she's black, but it won't make you lose. Leona and Andy the Dustman (whatever happened to him?) were coloured .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Same Difference - can someone explain this to me. WFT!

Not me, if they are finalists as US seems to think they will be, it's proof that whole thing is a fix. Truely truely talentless and she has a DREADFUL out of tune voice.

The fact that X Factor is Cowell's show is the only reason Same Difference and Hope are still in it.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We all know who will win anyway.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Game Over

Rhydian ( Danni ) 1/3

Niki ( Louis ) 11/2

Same Difference ( Simon ) 8/1

Leon ( Danni ) 8/1

Hope ( Simon ) 25/1

Courtesy of William Hill

Hope are just like any-old gaggle of chavvy young and single mothers.

Like any thrown-together gimmick-group, they manage a passable karaoke delivery. No worse than, say, Bay City Rollers, Bros, Spice Girls or Five, but certainly not as good as Duran Duran, Monkees or Spandau Ballet.

For vocal delivery, I thought the old bird was the standout, though the Same Dif were reasonable, and the Scot even got away with his Sinatra impression.

None of them will go anywhere unless they get some original material though - and especially not Rhydian, who is probably the most 'professional' of the lot.

A bunch like Hope only have to do a weak version of a classic, like e.g. 'When Will I See You Again', and they'll make the charts though, they are an easy 'sell' after this exposure.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You are thinking of I'm a celebrity and Biggins Ernest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to a 'red top paper' Simon Cowell has said that Hope will win it and be bigger than the Spice Girls this year.

Froma contestant whom I know, who went out about semi finals time, the result is fixed, the winner is known from the start and the nations vote means jack shit as nobody knows what the voting was or is. The show is owned run by and the proceeds of the phone go to Simon Cowell. So what he says goes. Also read that Same Difference have been approached by Disney to sing some films themes.

Re voting, every contestant went off the stage one way during rehearsals except for the one that it turned out was eventually voted out who went off the other way. Pure coincidence! as this was Saturday morning before the vote lines are open.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here