Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How olds your Grandad and does he support the Albion??

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
Mine is 92 years old and yes he does support the Albion.

The last twice i have taken him to Withers it rained and he caught pneumonia and is lucky to still be here.

I hope he makes it to see Falmer.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mine is 89 and supports the Albion from his armchair. It's been a long time since he's been well enough to attend, but chances are he wont be well enough to attend Falmer even if he lasts that long.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Mine is 77 and he supports the Finn Harps. My great grandfather is 96 and supports Leeds but watches the Finn Harps almost every home game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
both long gone I am afraid.

dad's dad supported Huddersfield ( and played for barnsley!)and mum's dad was a horses and Rugby man.

Dandyman

In London village.
Both dead and it was Queen of the South and boxing.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Mine is 91, still follows the Albion, his last game was Wigan at the Goldstone, he was really emotional on leaving the ground, the stories he told me from when he started watching the Albion as a lad through to the end. He has not been in the best of health during the Withdean era, so has been unable to attend, but i have PROMISED him, that he will be at the first game at Falmer.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Both of mine are now sadly long gone, as far as I am aware one of them had little or no interest in sport (though he was friends with a former Wolves captain) and the other was a rugby fan (Ireland and a club side in Dublin whose name escapes me, bizarrely I think it may have been something like Dolphin for a bit of a Brighton link).

What is it with people in Ireland following a local club and an English team, I have an elderly uncle in Dublin who is a Bohemians fan but also ran the local branch of the Sheffield Wednesday supporters club for many years...at least it was a team who play in blue and white!

Last edited:

117 and 116 respectively.

Both were geordies and supported Newcastle United when young. But they both moved south and one ended up supporting Portsmouth and the other Charlton Athletic.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
83 and no.

The other one died when I was young, so no idea.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What is it with people in Ireland following a local club and an English team, I have an elderly uncle in Dublin who is a Bohemians fan but also ran the local branch of the Sheffield Wednesday supporters club for many years...at least it was a team who play in blue and white!

A friend of mine is Irish and supports an Irish team (can't remember which one), but also supports the Albion because of the Liam Brady connection.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
No idea. One died in 1955, the other f***ed off in 1944 and went back to his wife, abandoning my grandmother with two baby daughters, one of whom grew up to become my mum...

But since the former happened in West London and the latter in Manchester, it's unlikely either were Albion men.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
92 and not an Albion fan, more of a GAA man.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
One died ages ago so I have no idea but I doubt it, the other one watches just about every match on TV, and likes whoever wins

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mine Mum's dad is 89 and supports the Albion from his armchair. It's been a long time since he's been well enough to attend, but chances are he wont be well enough to attend Falmer even if he lasts that long.

My dad's dad died when I was young, but was a regular at the Goldstone when my dad was a boy. We are talking early 1950s.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
He's in his 80's I think and yes he does support Brighton. Season Ticket Holder alongside me and has been going for about 60-70 years.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Wow Ed, I wonder who his all time favourite Albion XI would include...if you could only have people who played during your time following the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here