Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How often do you get to walk in the woods?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
As much as possible looking for mushrooms

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
The last time I went in a woods was in July when I went cycling with friends and we found ourselves going through the wood near the Co-op in Heathfield.

I do like a walk in the woods but I prefer a walk along open fields on the downs with brilliant views and the wind in my face. I must have a walk in a wood soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As much as possible looking for mushrooms
Being a Labrador, Stat Dog is an eater not a fighter, he'll snuffle anything including mushrooms.

One day he must have had a 'bad' one or two.
By the time we got him home his eyes were blood shot and droopy.
He couldn't walk and he had a constant stream of drool coming from his mouth.

Stat Dog was off his face. :lol:

As per the vet we put him in a darkened room listening to Hendrix, he was fine by the evening.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Since this summer, seven times a week minimum through the edge of Danny Park, below Wolstenbury Hill. One of the loveliest parks of the National Park, five minutes from our house and only five minutes by car from Brighton. It's why we got a dog.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Since this summer, seven times a week minimum through the edge of Danny Park, below Wolstenbury Hill. One of the loveliest parks of the National Park, five minutes from our house and only five minutes by car from Brighton. It's why we got a dog.

Want to give this place a try with my dog. Where is the best place to park? Jack and Jill pub?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Sadly, I don't walk in the woods that often, but Croydon is a jungle - does that count?

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
I also have the pleasure of the Three Cornered Copse most days with my dog. I didnt even know it existed until a couple of years ago. Great place - fantastic view from the bench at the top of the grass when its clear down over to the sea!

I also have the pleasure of the Three Cornered Copse most days with my dog. I didnt even know it existed until a couple of years ago. Great place - fantastic view from the bench at the top of the grass when its clear down over to the sea!

pop up there 5 times a week myself,you can get onto green ridge from there and over the bypass to waterhall or through the wood to patcham place.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
image.jpg

Every day. We have our own gate into the woods.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Church Wood Blean, Perry wood, lovely here in Kent. Once a week for me. Usually on the mountain bike, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here