Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much

ram1992

Mar 11, 2008
The Great Unknown
Is a cheap day return for a child on a weekday from southwick to london victoria via brighton?
The southern rail website is leading me round in circles :shootself

ram1992

Mar 11, 2008
The Great Unknown
Went down to shoreham station earlier and if you buy an adult ticket for london including the tube and bus (All day card ) then you can get a child all day ticket for £1

Result :whisky:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Do Southern actually have set prices for tickets because I got the impression they just make it up as they go along! I know the other week I got charged 2 different prices 2 days in a row for exactly the same journey on exactly the same train, I suppose I should've asked why but I could'nt really be bothered seeing as I was'nt paying for the ticket out of my own pocket.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Do Southern actually have set prices for tickets because I got the impression they just make it up as they go along! I know the other week I got charged 2 different prices 2 days in a row for exactly the same journey on exactly the same train, I suppose I should've asked why but I could'nt really be bothered seeing as I was'nt paying for the ticket out of my own pocket.

I thought you worked for them?

Never had that problem though - every day the bleeding same :lol: How comes you get variety in your life and I don't? Not fair! :)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I thought you worked for them?

Never had that problem though - every day the bleeding same :lol: How comes you get variety in your life and I don't? Not fair! :)

I've worked on the railway since I left school 31 years ago but I hav'nt got the slightest clue about tickets because not only have I never worked with them as a general rule I dont even buy the things when I travel. It's only because i'm on light duties it means travelling further than I normally do for work so they give me a travel warrant to exchange for a ticket but they keep coming up with different prices. Mind you it's giving me an insight what it's like for normal fair paying passengers and i'm allmost starting to feel sorry for them.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
getting a family railcard is an option if you will travel reguarly, it cost me and my son 17quid to luton return, and from brighton to victoria is about 13quid for both of us. Sometimes the prices are f***ed though, we were quoted 25quid on the national rail site for luton on saturday buying tickets in advance, yet it was only 17quid on the day. Surely thats wrong????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here