Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How much would you pay to get rid of Harry Maguire?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Although I love the idea of paying to get rid of slabhead, he has been a very good player in certain teams under certain managers as was Marc Cucurella and many others :shrug:
I do think confidence is everything at the top level as RDZ has proven, and I'm sure that he can do a good job somewhere else in the right team under the right manager.

Unfortunately, he gets stick because he simply isn't the all round footballer that Lewis is, in any situation, under any manager :bowdown:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree, I think there is a great player in there somewhere. He’s just been knocked down at every turn since that Cyprus incident on holiday.
Blimey he had an incident in Cyprus as well as in Mykonos?

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Just imagine the comedy potential of Maguire in tandem with Tyrone at Villa
Is that the same Villa that we’ve beaten once in eight games in the league with Mings playing in every one, conceding only 6 goals against us?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst I have been amused at his falling out of favour at United, it’s hard to deny that he has done a good job in the England team for the most part. He would not fit in at the Albion but he will do a decent job for a few none top four clubs imo.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's done a good job for England but realistically would Dunk and a few others done any worse? Hardly like we need to do much defending until we inevitably get beaten by a better team.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Honestly think there's still a decent player there. He was exposed at United because he lacks pace and De Gea is a keeper that's rooted to his line. Hence there was always a no mans land between him and his keeper. Also until this season the McTominay/Fred pivot in their midfield left their CB's vulnerable. Casemiro has stopped some of that. Lindelof looked as bad as Maguire last season but has looked much better this time

I'd also say his best performances for England have come when he's played the left side of a back three with Shaw outside him. Like this, his lack of pace isn't as exposed and he looks more confident.

Ironically, he might have fitted in well to a Potter style system with Cucurella on his outside.

All of this about a £80 million player makes it even more remarkable (imho) how easily our players transitioned to a back four under RDZ from Potters back three system. A testament to RDZ's coaching and the technical versatility of Dunk, Webster and Veltman in particular. I'm surprised the press haven't made more of this. I think it's huge

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
England international Maguire - bargain.

FFS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just as an aside, does anyone on here have a job with a contract that states that you will be paid £X amount for Y years whether or not you’re selected to work?
Just as an aside, does anyone on here have a job with a contract that state that despite not even being close to being competent you'll still be asked to do the exact same job on a bigger and more important stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here