Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how much would relegation cost the club........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
£5m. Maybe more.

Most commercial deals the club would have would reduce as a result of relegation. Solidarity payments from the PL reduce massively between the Championship and Football League too.

Gate receipts may be relatively stable, as...

1. Season ticket holders have to make the renew/don't renew decision quite early on, almost certainly before the club's fate is known.
2. Although far from guaranteed, obviously, the club would expect to be pushing for an immediate promotion and a winning team gets bums on seats.

Re STH, they don't really. How about saying 'no' in March, and then starting again in august if we stay up ? Can't imagine there will be a waiting list........

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Relegation could well cost TB far less than another season in the Championship, (the best it looks as though we can hope for).

The Salary Cost Management Protocol, (SCMP), in force in League 1 is far simpler than that of FFP in the Championship. If we remain in the Championship then no doubt there will be calls for, and probably the need to, get close to the average allowable loss of £13 million or higher just to compete with teams relegated from the Premier League that will be allowed to make more than twice that size of loss under the new rules.

In League 1 SCMP limits players wages to 65% of Turnover plus any equity injected into the club and is monitored on a month by month basis which prevents overspend getting out of control. Turnover is defined simply as match day income, commercial income such as sponsorship, TV revenue and League merit payments.

Average losses of League 1 clubs are far less than that for Championship clubs so it can be expected that being in League 1 will hit TB's pocket far less than remaining in the Championship.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A good few million, but hey !!!! don't worry, we wont get relegated because the Albion Oracles Elite Group on NSC said we won't.
and they are always right aren't they ??
Oh hang on>>>>> NO THEYR'E NOT !!!!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I imagine Bozza that season ticket sales will drop considerably anyway due to this season and that will be a huge loss if things dont improve

Could not agree more. I think we are close to the point on no return.

Unless a miracle happens and we end up in the play offs, I think season ticket sales next season will take a complete battering anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As its on dd. Most sth that renewed will just cancel and think **** that if we do go down.I know i will im a cheaper band but sod paying 37 a month for league one football these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here