Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much would other clubs pay for Kayal, and would you accept it?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Whilst Kayal is a very very good player and driving force in our midfield, I'd love to see how many goals and assists he's contributed this season.

For him to be a ten million player he'd need to have goals in his game.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I would have added March, Rosenior, Lua Lua and Bong to that list too.

I would agree with all of those, apart from Lua Lua.

He's been here 5 years now, and only occasionally reached the heights you would expect from a top Championship player. Fairly inconsistent, and seems to get injured quite a bit too.

I don't think we'll get any 'silly money' bids for him.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
I would agree with all of those, apart from Lua Lua.

He's been here 5 years now, and only occasionally reached the heights you would expect from a top Championship player. Fairly inconsistent, and seems to get injured quite a bit too.

I don't think we'll get any 'silly money' bids for him.

I would also sell, but disagree on his quality. I think he's a top a championship winger. Recently added goals to his skills, but beats defenders and can create chances. Problem is he's usually injured so I'd let him go for £3-£4m.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I am looking forward to seeing Dick Towell play in midfield. He scored an amazing amount of goals from midfield.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Becuase 20m would probabky buy us 3-4 class players that we could only have dreamed of signing otherwise and give us a greater chance of promotion.

It probably wouldn't give us a greater chance of promotion this season though. Kayal is absolutely integral to the success of the team NOW. If we were to sell for 20m we would firstly have to buy the right players and then we would have to integrate them into the team. My view is that the odds would be against improving the team this season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
At this stage in the development of the club we either choose to remain a selling club or go for the Premier League. Down to TB really and a smart manager. We have both, and seem to be going full pelt for promotion. Tho this season's freakish crop of medium/long term injuries are a sickener that may well have stuffed us this time around. But creeping ever closer. Our turn soon.

All clubs are selling clubs bar a couple of the very biggest and richest clubs in the World.

If selling one player allows you to bring in 2 or more as replacements that are of a equal or greater standard than the one sold using the money gained, it can help a team climb the football pyramid to the PL (if they can keep repeating the trick) however it doesn't always work out that way (players who should be better sometimes fail like Torres going to Chelsea)

So in our case, if we never sell players, are you willing to make up this potential shortfall in the clubs income by paying around twice as much for a matchday ticket or season ticket (providing others don't give up theirs, meaning that the ones that remain have to pay even more to cover that loss too) - If left for Bloom to fund it all, we could easily be left with a mountain of debt which prevents further investment (see Bolton) with no guarantee of promotion or staying there if we do go up (too many clubs to mention) and either a big fine (should we go up) or a transfer embargo for breaching FFP (Forest, Blackburn, etc)

If the money's too good to turn down, any club will sell (Ronaldo to Madrid from Man Utd, etc)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed. He has a bit of the Dean Hammond about him. Gets into great positions and really should score far more.

Difficult to criticise such an outstanding player though.

Problem is neither him or Stephens are contributing to the score sheet ....but then no one is currently (excluding own goals)

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I think Kayal is a very good player and one we urgently required when we signed him last January. At that time we were so short of leadership and guts and he provides plenty of that. He's a fantastic fighter, ball winner and the hard man every team needs in the middle of the pitch. But, if I'm honest, I don't really see anything from him on the ball that sets him apart from most Championship midfielders. His passing is good but not exceptional, he's not particularly creative and his shooting is terrible. So he's an excellent Championship player that is crucial to us in the role he plays. However, does that type of player ever command a huge transfer fee?

For what it's worth, Stephens is my player of the season so far and a much more gifted, technically able footballer.

Agree with most of that. Really good, top end Championship player. Similar to Bridcutt in that respect but doubted that Bridcutt would be as effective at a higher level when Wilshire came on for the last 20 mins in the cup tie and Bridcutt couldn't get anywhere near him! I suspect that, if we do go up, Kayal may have the same problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here